Windows 10: How to batch copy files between several folders?

Discus and support How to batch copy files between several folders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have to do a bunch of file copy between different folders and I wanted to know if there's a way to do it in a faster way rather than the "manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/njsilva84, Sep 13, 2020.

1. How to batch copy files between several folders?

Hi, I have to do a bunch of file copy between different folders and I wanted to know if there's a way to do it in a faster way rather than the "manual way".

Basically, I have hundreds of files with certain names (37, 39, 40, 43...) to be copied to some specific dropbox shared folders that have a similar name (UVPL37, UVPL39, UVPL3740...)
    Is there a way or software to copy the files based on their names?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/njsilva84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/njsilva84, Sep 13, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 13, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

How to batch copy files between several folders?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

How to batch copy files between several folders?

1. How to batch copy files between several folders? - Similar Threads - batch copy files

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  4. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\

Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\: I asked a microsoft CHATperson for batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\and s/he gave me the following which I can make neither head nor tail of :xcopy /s "%userprofile%\Desktop\test.txt" for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2,3,4 " %%i in `wmic logicaldisk get...
  6. File copy between machines

File copy between machines: I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?...
  7. How to use batch file to delete specific sub-folders in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use batch file to delete specific sub-folders in a folder?: TL;DR I have a folder, and in it, a new sub-folder is added every day. What commands can I add to a batch file that will keep only the three most recently added sub-folders in this folder? Hi all. On my computer I have a folder named folder-data with several files and...
  8. File copying between PCs

File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  9. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...
  10. folder with several files issue

folder with several files issue: I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines. when I'm in a folder with lots of files ( example music folder with 400 songs) and I scroll down through the folder looking at the files, without me doing...