Windows 10: how to be a administrator in microsoft family

Discus and support how to be a administrator in microsoft family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; here are the steps to become a administrator 1.press windows 2.type "family options" in the "type here to search" box 3.press "view family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by supavich, Jan 26, 2021.

1. supavich Win User

how to be a administrator in microsoft family

here are the steps to become a administrator

1.press windows

2.type "family options" in the "type here to search" box

3.press "view family settings" in the family options tab it should take you to a website

4.press the upper right icon with your profile on it

5.then press sign in with different account

6. after that use your parent's email

7. then use your parents password if you know

8. if you don't know enter type the program your parent use to sign up e.g *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is yahoo and *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is gmail

9.then press forgotten password?

10.then press the your email so they can send a code to you

11. after you got the code from your email change the password

12.then after you changed your password press the alt+f4 at the same time

13.finally repeat the process until the 7th step

sorry if it is to long

and please respond to me

:)

supavich, Jan 26, 2021

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. how to be a administrator in microsoft family - Similar Threads - administrator microsoft family

2. how to turn microsoft family off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn microsoft family off.: hello i never created a microsoft family account and it keeps saying i have to ask parent permission but i dont have a family account and im the only one in the family it says but im not underaged and i cant turn it off i cant do anything on my laptop....
  3. how to turn microsoft family off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn microsoft family off.: hello i never created a microsoft family account and it keeps saying i have to ask parent permission but i dont have a family account and im the only one in the family it says but im not underaged and i cant turn it off i cant do anything on my laptop....
  4. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  5. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  6. How to debug Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to debug Microsoft Family Safety: Lately I see that the screen time limits are not enforced correctly for my kid.Is there a way to debug this feature? Anything to look at the event logs? Specific process crashes?...
  7. How to debug Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug Microsoft Family Safety: Lately I see that the screen time limits are not enforced correctly for my kid.Is there a way to debug this feature? Anything to look at the event logs? Specific process crashes?...
  8. Microsoft Family without Administrator

Microsoft Family without Administrator: I have a Microsoft family with a minor, but not adult. The account is softlocked because I can't grant any permissions.I cannot get the child account to join a new family or leave existing family. Please see the screenshot below for an idea of the family setup: one child...
  9. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator: Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no notification so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage then i removed all the family...
  10. How to disable microsoft family features?

How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...