Windows 10: How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer

Discus and support How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've decided to sell my computer and i wanna know how to delet all my data. The files are very sensitive and i wanna be sure 100% that no one can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/geraltFR23, Dec 24, 2019.

1. How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer

I've decided to sell my computer and i wanna know how to delet all my data. The files are very sensitive and i wanna be sure 100% that no one can recover them A friend of mine told me that formatting it isn't enough. So do you guys have any ideas ?

submitted by /u/geraltFR23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/geraltFR23, Dec 24, 2019

2. Windows 10: Delete synced and favorites data

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you want to delete irrelevant data stored in the Computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
    • If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.
    • If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
    Method 2: Clear Favorites data.

• Click Start
    • Click Computer
    • In the address bar, paste this location: %userprofile%
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the
      %userprofile%
      folder
    • Right click on the folder, select open and you can delete the data listed under the folder.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 24, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer

1. How to be sure that all data is deleted from my computer - Similar Threads - sure data deleted

2. How to delete all data on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete all data on computer: Delete all data from computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-data-on-computer/bbfca207-82fb-40e5-b004-3b52a19df603
  3. How to delete all data on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all data on computer: Delete all data from computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-data-on-computer/bbfca207-82fb-40e5-b004-3b52a19df603
  4. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  5. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  6. How dumb do you have to be to delete all my data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How dumb do you have to be to delete all my data.: **** all of it gone, i'm a new users . weeks of school work gone, years of family pictures gone. **** you **** all of you. you suck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-dumb-do-you-have-to-be-to-delete-all-my-data/a476c2c4-29ab-4dbe-998b-87a36f976216
  7. Delete all Mail data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all Mail data: I'm trying to free up space on my hard drive, and when I go to Settings -> System -> Storage, it says I have 30.7 GB under "Mail". I don't need any type of mail on my computer - I have gmail and can access it from my phone, never need it on laptop, and if I did, I would just...
  8. Delete ALL data of a program?

Delete ALL data of a program?: When I uninstall and reinstall a program on Windows 10, the program always seems to recognize my data. Is there a "secret" folder where the personal data (i.e. the remaining data) is stored? How can I uninstall/delete all data of the program? (Info: When I restart my PC,...
  9. Delete all data from PC except Windows?

Delete all data from PC except Windows?: Howdy, after I want to put together a new PC soon, I sell my old pc. But I want to delete ALL data from the PC (SSD & HDD), except Windows 10! So that the PC appears like new! Thanks in advance Alle Daten von PC löschen außer Windows?
  10. Deleted all data

Deleted all data: During dual booting of Ubuntu i accidentally formatted my older os which is windows 10 with my personal data . Is it possible to recover windows 10 with my personal data? Please help...