Windows 10: How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

Discus and support How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In order to bind a network card to CPU 0 using interrupt affinity policy configuration tool do you need to install Microsofts hardware pk if not is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Jul 19, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

In order to bind a network card to CPU 0 using interrupt affinity policy configuration tool do you need to install Microsofts hardware pk if not is there any steps needed when using the interrupt affinity policy configuration tool?

:)

smirk24, Jul 19, 2020
  2. empleat Win User

how to create kaffinity mask

I found tool, which allow me to change it.
    Interrupt Affinity Policy Tool and unexpected affinity mask type

But i have problem, i set affinity for usb devices, which are using driver usbport.sys and system assigned other drivers to cores i want to make dpc free.
    I just need to set affinity for devices in registry which using drivers, that are displaying in latencymon.
    I am currently looking for devices which uses tcpip.sys i looked to device manager and checked show hidden devices and open every network adapter -> drivers tab and there was nowhere tcpip.sys driver under these adapters which confuses me, because i woudl expect tcpip.sys would have to do something with network adapters. And yet looking for ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys, dxgkrnl.sys.
    If know which devices correspond to this.

empleat, Jul 19, 2020
  3. empleat Win User
    how to create kaffinity mask

Hello,
    i need select cpu cores on which will be processed dpc and isr.
    And i have no idea how to create kaffinity mask, it is 64bit value, which is in registry as binary value.
    I have 8 cores, 4 physical and 4 threads.
    I don't even know which are physical and which threads and how to obtain such information.
    I want to exclude 2 physical cores from processing dpc and isr.
    Interrupt Affinity | Microsoft Docs
    IoConnectInterrupt routine (Windows Drivers)
    There is calculator, but i don't know if affinity mask is same as kaffinity mask and i didn't find anything usefull searching for kaffinity mask.
    Affinity Mask Calculator - Prepar3D (P3D V1, V2, V3 & V4) - Flight Simulator X - FSX Steam Edition
    Thank you very much.

empleat, Jul 19, 2020
  4. How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

1. How to bind network card to cpu0 using affinity mask tool - Similar Threads - bind network card

2. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  3. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  4. useful key binds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    useful key binds: BOOT: f2* and f12sign in: none currentlyin windows: ctrl alt delete, win + r , alt + tab some others im to lazy to list* this is pretty good because it goes into boot menu witch if the manufacture hasn't removed it looking at you kogan or given it a custom one im looking at...
  5. How to bind networkcard to cpu0 using affinity mask tool

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bind networkcard to cpu0 using affinity mask tool: In order to bind a network card to CPU 0 using interrupt affinity policy configuration tool do you need to install Microsofts hardware pk if not is there any steps needed when using the interrupt affinity policy configuration tool? 160923
  6. How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?: I have a few older computers that I experiment on with different stuff I've read about and am interested in trying just to see if I can do it. I have read about kernel mode debugging and different devices you can use to do so some devices are Fire wire Com ports And the...
  7. Interrupt affinity policy tool

Interrupt affinity policy tool: What do you know about this program? From what ive read if used properly the program allows you to bind hardware with a cpu of your choosing. 140947
  8. Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10?

Can you bind a network card to a cpu in windows 10?: I know in xp and 2003 theres a tool called interrupt affinity filter tool that allows this to happen but when it comes to newer os's i cant seem to figure it out 126866
  9. Strange IPv4 subnet mask for network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IPv4 subnet mask for network connection: My default gateway is 192.168.1.1 (FIOS). I am running some Windows 2012R2 servers under Hyper-V. When I set up the servers, I *believe* the Hyper-V Manager also added a network configuration for the VMs. The VM IP addresses are 172.18.x.x and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0....
  10. how to create kaffinity mask

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create kaffinity mask: Hello, i need select cpu cores on which will be processed dpc and isr. And i have no idea how to create kaffinity mask, it is 64bit value, which is in registry as binary value. I have 8 cores, 4 physical and 4 threads. I don't even know which are physical and which...