Windows 10: How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune

Discus and support How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI Team,I want to block a particular extension in my Defender ATp console and in intune - Endpoint policies..KhonsariNot able to find the application... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HARI.A.A, Dec 31, 2021.

1. HARI.A.A Win User

How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune

HI Team,I want to block a particular extension in my Defender ATp console and in intune - Endpoint policies..KhonsariNot able to find the application block in the ATP AND INTUNENeed your support.Regards,Harish

:)

HARI.A.A, Dec 31, 2021

2. What's new in Microsoft Intune

What's new in Microsoft Intune

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/int...ntune#may-2016

Cluster Head, Dec 31, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Defender ATP

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually we do not suggest to disable Windows Defender feature, Windows Defender ATP protects endpoints from cyber threats; detects advanced attacks and data breaches, automates security incidents, and improves security posture. However, if you
    still wish to disable it, please follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps:

1. Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I).
    2. Then click on Updates & Settings.
    3. Then click on Windows Security.
    4. You can disable Cloud based and automatic submissions.

If you need any additional assistance, then please write back with the following information:

1. What is the exact error message which you are getting?
    2. Is the issue specific to an application?
    3. Could you please
      post a screenshot for a better understanding?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 31, 2021
  4. How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune

INTUNE -

Hi All,

We are moving towards the modern management and deploying apps via INTUNE and i have a request to create an Applocker policy to disable %SYSTEM32%\Windows\PowerShell\* for all users and exclude administrators.

Question is if i block powershell, will the powershell Win32 apps and script deployed via INTUNE will also be blocked ?

sathyaprakash24, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune

1. How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune - Similar Threads - block extension Microsoft

2. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Windows 11 update in Intune: Hello,I recently set up some Policies and an Update Ring in Intune regarding to Windows Updates. I set the Target to 21H2, blocked the update to Windows 11 option, and created a Feature update ring also to 21H2. Today 2 of our devices updated to Windows 11. What options we...
  3. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Windows 11 update in Intune: Hello,I recently set up some Policies and an Update Ring in Intune regarding to Windows Updates. I set the Target to 21H2, blocked the update to Windows 11 option, and created a Feature update ring also to 21H2. Today 2 of our devices updated to Windows 11. What options we...
  4. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  6. Ad Blocking Extensions

Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  7. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Defender ATP iOS blocking Sonos App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender ATP iOS blocking Sonos App: Whenever i have the Microsoft Defender ATP app running on mu iOS device, it blocks access to external services such as radio and library functions. if disable the ATP vpn, it works as expected. how can we whitelist apps and services?...
  9. blocked extensions

blocked extensions: Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions. Thank you....
  10. Windows Defender ATP ExploitGuard False Web Block.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender ATP ExploitGuard False Web Block.: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to either report a false block to Microsoft, or whitelist a website that was blocked. Your IT administrator has caused Windows Defender Exploit Guard to block a potentially dangerous network connection. Detection time:...