Windows 10: How to block a kid from changing their own age?

Discus and support How to block a kid from changing their own age? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft Family provides nice tools to control kid's screen time. However, there is an easy way to workaround this by leaving one's family from your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MJ_1984, Dec 20, 2018.

1. MJ_1984 Win User

How to block a kid from changing their own age?

Microsoft Family provides nice tools to control kid's screen time.

However, there is an easy way to workaround this by leaving one's family from your own account.

A good thing is that a kid under 18 doesn't have this option.

However, nothing prevents a kid from modifying their own age from their profile...

So you don't need to be a very smart kid to remove yourself from the family. However, it seems like you need to be a quite smart adult to prevent them to do so.

I am curious to know if someone devised a way out of this.

Of course, I am also curious to know if Microsoft Family product management team will consider adding a feature whereby a kid wouldn't be able to modify their age by themselves...which arguably defeats the whole purpose of age-based control. However, things being as they are, I am sure someone has thought of a smart way to overcome this conundrum.

:)

MJ_1984, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Dec 20, 2018
  4. AndySteck Win User

Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block a kid from changing their own age? - Similar Threads - block kid changing

2. Can't change age

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change age: I accidentally set my date of birth to 2010 and not 2001, but I can't change it. I tried going to the screen to change it but it will not let me and I cannot interact with the buttons except for cancel. What do I do?...
  3. How to block standard users from installing programs into their own profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to block standard users from installing programs into their own profile?: This isn't a new question, but I can't find the answer and all the other threads a locked.One of the most referenced threads is provided here, but it's clouded by what is and isn't a "standard user" and doesn't answer the question of how to block a standard user from...
  4. How to block standard users from installing programs into their own profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block standard users from installing programs into their own profile?: This isn't a new question, but I can't find the answer and all the other threads a locked.One of the most referenced threads is provided here, but it's clouded by what is and isn't a "standard user" and doesn't answer the question of how to block a standard user from...
  5. How to block standard users from installing programs into their own profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. changing age

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing age: How to change a birth date on a Microsoft account, the parent account does not allow me to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-age/6272b798-8e9c-4aed-9915-f6aa31640813
  7. changing age

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing age: How to change a birth date on a Microsoft account, the parent account does not allow me to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-age/6272b798-8e9c-4aed-9915-f6aa31640813
  8. changing age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Kid getting to blocked websites

Kid getting to blocked websites: I've got parental controls blocking youtube but my kid is able to access it anyway through windowed apps like People or Solitaire Collection -- really any built in app and conveniently, they cant all be blocked or uninstalled. How do I stop access through these programs...
  10. How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?: Hi, I have just set up a child account for my son (12), and it appears he is able to log into his Microsoft account and change his age, thereby removing himself from the Family settings I have in place. How is this even possible? It seems there is no way for me, the adult his...