Windows 10: How to block a website in Windows 10

Discus and support How to block a website in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can anybody help me as I forgot how to block websites in Windows 10. I don't seem to be able to find it anymore but than, I am almost 80 and the grey... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robertvan Oeveren1, May 4, 2020.

1. How to block a website in Windows 10

Can anybody help me as I forgot how to block websites in Windows 10. I don't seem to be able to find it anymore but than, I am almost 80 and the grey matter does not always cooperate. Than youk

:)

Robertvan Oeveren1, May 4, 2020
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

How to block a website in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, May 4, 2020
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, May 4, 2020
  4. Arctucas Win User

How to block a website in Windows 10

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How to block a website in Windows 10

1. How to block a website in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - block website

2. Youtube blocking malfunction wen specific movie only is allowed @Only allow these websites=ON

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Youtube blocking malfunction wen specific movie only is allowed @Only allow these websites=ON: Dear support, I found a critical problem in web browsing control using EDGE Chromium When allowed specific movie example below in youtube and child open it, from the opened window hi have access to all youtube contains w/o any limitation like all youtube is allowed. The...
  3. Smartscreen in Windows 10 & Edge (even Chrome!) to block phishing & malicious websites

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Smartscreen in Windows 10 & Edge (even Chrome!) to block phishing & malicious websites: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TeamsMe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gptpap/smartscreen_in_windows_10_edge_even_chrome_to/
  4. Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed

Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed: I have a problem now which seemed to work before. I have blocked YouTube.com from my child’s account and disabled all other browsers except Microsoft Edge. Due to his school assignments, from time to time he needs to be able to watch specific educational videos. What...
  5. Unable to block websites using family safety Content Restrcitions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to block websites using family safety Content Restrcitions.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home on two machines and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on one. I have setup parental controls on all three laptops and everything is working fine accept the fact that I am unable to block access to websites. I have copied and pasted from address...
  6. Block inappropriate websites

Block inappropriate websites: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop for my daughter to help with home schooling during the Corona virus lock down. I specifically picked a new Windows 10 S Mode model for the safety and security. I spent a considerable amount of time setting up family users with ages etc, so...
  7. why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked

why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked: I am trying to block www.discordapp.com and 3 others, and none of them are being blocked. i have added them to his account but they still keep coming up on Bing, Chrome and Explorer. Please help! ty...
  8. blocking websites in any browser using local host or other method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking websites in any browser using local host or other method: I'm interested in blocking content on a local machine, but now allowing the user to look up how to unblock this stuff. so for instance, if I want to block a local user, who operates their own machine, from going to this site: https://www.youtube.com/ , how exactly would I do...
  9. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  10. how to block or unblock websites in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block or unblock websites in windows 10: in older versions of windows I could block or unblock undesirable websites. How can I do this in windows 10? email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...