Windows 10: How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

Discus and support How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new Windows 11 laptop for my child and want to block access to Settings, and Control Panel for his account. I setup the laptop with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndySteck, Dec 12, 2021.

1. AndySteck Win User

How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

I'm setting up a new Windows 11 laptop for my child and want to block access to Settings, and Control Panel for his account. I setup the laptop with my account as the Admin and then setup an account for my child and designated it as a Child account.I have setup Microsoft Family Safety and blocked access to all apps that are shown in the list of installed apps for the child account but the Control Panel nor Settings App are shown there for me to select so that I can select them to be blocked apps.Please help.

:)

AndySteck, Dec 12, 2021
  2. Leah01 Win User

System blocking admin user from updating Controlled Folder Access

On a Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC, which I purchased directly from HP and which only I have access to, I wanted to turn on Controlled Folder Access and then customize the list of folders.

I logged into the Admin user, and went into Windows Security settings. When I clicked on Virus & Threat Protection (to get to the Controlled Folder Access settings), I got a popup entitled "Page Not Available". The popup text reads, "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

Anyone have an idea what this means and how I can get around it?

Thank you, all.

Leah01, Dec 12, 2021
  3. AMX& Win User
    Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Dec 12, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11? - Similar Threads - block access Settings

2. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  3. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  4. Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps: Hi, since the recent update to Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access is constantly blocking allowed software I need on pc. Mainly its Adobe Software particularly Illustrator and WD Acronis True Image. I need these for work and its getting frustrating and the software is slower...
  5. how do I allow access to a given app for a (non-admin user account)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I allow access to a given app for a (non-admin user account): What I would like to do is allow a user account (other than the administrative account) to access a given app/program, (say the Minecraft launcher for exmpl), without having to re-download the app in that user account, I just want the other account to be able to launch and...
  6. How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block access to Settings App and Control Pannel for non-admin user with Windows 11?: I'm setting up a new Windows 11 laptop for my child and want to block access to Settings, and Control Panel for his account. I setup the laptop with my account as the Admin and then setup an account for my child and designated it as a Child account.I have setup Microsoft...
  7. Pc COntrol Pannel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc COntrol Pannel: i have a question witha download called java, i downloaded it for minecraft so i can have a boost in fps but i need to acess it from contral panel and its not popping up in the control pannel here is the video i found it form: https://youtu.be/QSXogXy2tUY...
  8. Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings: I used Group Policy to lock down a Windows 10 Pro PC by removing control panel, settings, etc. Access to Bluetooth device settings was affected as a result. I want to single out just the Bluetooth settings so that child accounts can use it. Right now, when a child account...
  9. System blocking admin user from updating Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System blocking admin user from updating Controlled Folder Access: On a Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC, which I purchased directly from HP and which only I have access to, I wanted to turn on Controlled Folder Access and then customize the list of folders. I logged into the Admin user, and went into Windows Security settings. When I clicked on...
  10. User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts: I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts. On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if...