Windows 10: How to block all applications / programs except few

Discus and support How to block all applications / programs except few in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, When it comes to Web browsing there is a great option in the Content restrictions section to only allow specific websites. But how about only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alex2354, Oct 18, 2020.

1. alex2354 Win User

How to block all applications / programs except few

Hi,

When it comes to Web browsing there is a great option in the Content restrictions section to only allow specific websites.

But how about only allowing specific applications/programs and all other applications/programs should be blocked by default?

Is this possible to setup?

Of course I can use the "Always block" but this means that I constantly need to block all newly installed applications on the PC.

Thank you.

:)

alex2354, Oct 18, 2020

2. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 18, 2020
  3. FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How to block all applications / programs except few

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How to block all applications / programs except few

1. How to block all applications / programs except few - Similar Threads - block applications programs

2. how to block all websites except one or two

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block all websites except one or two: Dear concern,I have blocked all websites except two websites via internet options but we have to do the process manually for individuals users by logging into their account. Is it possible to the process for all users with one shot....
  3. how to block all websites except one or two

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to block all websites except one or two: Dear concern,I have blocked all websites except two websites via internet options but we have to do the process manually for individuals users by logging into their account. Is it possible to the process for all users with one shot....
  4. how to block all websites except one or two

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks - Exception 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks - Exception 0xc0000005: My minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks. First the sound and animation for placing/destroying blocks stops working, then the entire game crashes.I already reinstalled the app and reset all settings to default but the problem is still there. When trying to exit...
  6. Nothing opens on windows except for a few applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing opens on windows except for a few applications: Hello, I recently moved some files from my SSD C drive to my Hard Drive D Drive to add space to my C drive. After that I tried adding ram to realize its not the right size of ram. Then when turning on my computer nothing opened, Discord, Steam, and other apps. So I tried...
  7. How to solve Application Blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to solve Application Blocked?: When I am using download tools via network of eduroam, it always show up this. I could use them several weeks ago and can use them via network of hotspot of my mobile phone. How to solve that? Application Blocked Access to the application you were trying to use has been...
  8. "An unexpected program exception exception 0xe434352 occurred in the application at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "An unexpected program exception exception 0xe434352 occurred in the application at...: So my laptop ASUS X555L running on windows 10 had been pretty slow for the past couple of days but as of today i started getting the error stated above on the title, the only other thing i know is that it says LocalBridge.exe on the msg that pops up with the error. While i'm...
  9. How to allow a blocked application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow a blocked application: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in...
  10. blocking all sites except whitelisted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    blocking all sites except whitelisted: for my children, i used a file that someone uploaded on the site, that i understood blocked all internet sites, all browsers, and the specific user, was still able to use dropbox, onedrive apps, as well as outlook. i can upload this small registry file if needed i understood...