Windows 10: How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?

Discus and support How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This post is an extension to my earlier post on the same subject.The batch file linked in that post does a good job of adding rules to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheMysticS, Sep 9, 2021.

1. How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?

This post is an extension to my earlier post on the same subject.The batch file linked in that post does a good job of adding rules to Windows Firewall.The problem with this is that the number of rules can become too large over time. Also, a new set of rules must be created every time a program is installed. I guess this will slow down the system, as every outgoing connection will now have to be checked with an increasingly huge list of rules in the firewall.A much easier way to handle this would be check the path of the program on the device that is trying to connect to the internet. If this

:)

TheMysticS, Sep 9, 2021

2. FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Sep 9, 2021
  4. How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Remind us all of your Windows version?

lexluthermiester, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall?

1. How to block all programs in a given location using Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - block programs given

2. Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?: Im reviewing my firewall rules and noticed that a lot of apps are allowed inbound. Is there a reason an app needs this or can I disable all incoming connections completely? What are the tradeoffs and security risks with having some apps be allowed incoming on the Windows 10...
  3. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program": i keep getting this message - it also says "this computer is blocked" "call 888.890.4333" critical alert.... system detected.... " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-firewall-has-blocked-some-features-of-this/e4709e01-37f9-4778-8164-29d17cbf5f1b
  4. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  5. Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed

Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed: [ATTACH] I went into my firewall settings. I set an inbound and outbound rule to block a program on all networks. It appeared to work. But when I went into the "allow applications" options, I see that my newly-created rules are there. Why is this? The only way I can remove...
  6. block program in firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    block program in firewall: How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-program-in-firewall/0bf73322-b39c-4884-95e4-06631eeb35d5
  7. How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  8. How to config firewall to block all for one program but allow somw

How to config firewall to block all for one program but allow somw: Trying to configure my Windows 10 (Enterprise) to block all from a specific program but to allow some ports for that program. For example, on my Windows 10 work PC I am running Oracle VirtualBox. I need to block all external network access to VirtualBox e.g. Internet and...
  9. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...
  10. Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates: I have a few PC's and they have multiple connections to the internet. These connections appear on each PC as a different network. One of the connections is very expensive and metered, so I don't want Windows updating when the primary connection is down and the secondary only...