Windows 10: How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10

Discus and support How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]PowerShell comes with a Netsecurity module that allows you to configure the Windows Firewall. You can use the function — New-NetFirewallRule —... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Mar 17, 2020
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Mar 17, 2020
  4. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to block an IP or a Website using PowerShell in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - block Website using

2. how to block a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  3. how to block a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  4. How to block a website in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block a website in Windows 10: Can anybody help me as I forgot how to block websites in Windows 10. I don't seem to be able to find it anymore but than, I am almost 80 and the grey matter does not always cooperate. Than youk...
  5. how to block or unblock websites in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block or unblock websites in windows 10: in older versions of windows I could block or unblock undesirable websites. How can I do this in windows 10? email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]As the name clears out the meaning of a computer public IP address. It is an IP address that is basically used to identify the […] This article How to get Public IP address using PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to block adults websites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block adults websites in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Adult content is tough to lock, especially when there are so many of them. While there are many ways of doing it including Security and Antivirus solutions, today we are talking about DNS Services to Block Adult Sites. The only [...] This post How to block...
  8. how to block websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to block websites: How do I block websites giving unwanted pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-websites/8b2ed814-5423-40bc-b846-6399ce363e74
  9. Windows 10 blocking Websites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 blocking Websites?: I have a new Dell laptop with windows 10 on it, Firefox and Kaspersky anti-virus. When I try to go to Hotmail (Outlook), it won't load at all. Netflix won't load and says I don't have a secure connection. Facebook gives me a partially loaded news feed (can't click on...
  10. How to Block Websites

in Browsers and Email
    How to Block Websites: I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps. How to block websites | PCWorld Here...