Windows 10: How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall

Discus and support How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have noticed some suspicious activity on my computer. My Gmail password might even have been changed I’ve not change the back, so I am very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harold E1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Harold E1 Win User

How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall

I have noticed some suspicious activity on my computer. My Gmail password might even have been changed I’ve not change the back, so I am very concerned.

The activity seems to be coming from an iPv6 address. So, I would like to block it with windows firewall.

Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with IPv6. From the little I’ve learned, I think the beginning part of the address identifies the network/router and the end of the address identifies the specific computer. Apparently, that can hide the actual unique address MAC of the computer for privacy reasons.

So, if I’m right about that and I have no idea if I am, I assume I need to block a range of addresses.

I don’t know how to block any IPv6 address, or a range of IPv6 addresses.

Can anyone help me?

I am using a Microsoft surface pro 4 which may not matter running Windows 10 Pro

:)

Harold E1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jan 6, 2020
  3. comodo Win User
    Windows firewall blocks ipv6

I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything
    is ok. I think a recent windows update make this, because a week ago there was no problem.

comodo, Jan 6, 2020
  4. mike1127 Win User

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall - Similar Threads - block IPv6 address

2. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  3. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  4. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address: I want to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address . And if they know my IPipv4 and ipv6,...
  5. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address: I want to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address . And if they know my IPipv4 and ipv6,...
  6. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows firewall blocks ipv6

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall blocks ipv6: I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything is ok. I think a...
  8. How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?: My Windows 10 is blocking Internet access to certain Web sites. Every time this happens, a notification about "virus & threat protection connection blocked" notification pops up. If I disable WDFW, I could get to the destinations in question. I don't want to have to repeat...
  9. How to find IPv6 addresses of devices on the LAN?

How to find IPv6 addresses of devices on the LAN?: When I ping another Windows device on my LAN my local Windows uses an IPv6 address. (I think I have IPv4 pings blocked by my firewalls.) A packet trace shows Windows issuing NBNS, MDNS, and LLMNR packets which seem to be from 3 different network discovery procedures. The MDNS...
  10. firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?: I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if 1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall? 2. Is there is a third-party firewall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Block IPv6 Windows firewall

2. ipv6 firewall windows 10

3. windows firewall block ipv6 address

4. ipv6 aanpassingen in windows firewall,
  5. windows firewall blocking inbound local ipv6 addresses,
  6. how to block IPv6 at firewall