Windows 10: How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10...

Discus and support How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I want to block any tcp/ip communication between my Ii-System and some ip ranges. The reason is, that I like to use Edge, which has a google... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by -YB, Jun 23, 2020.

1. -YB
    -YB Win User

How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10...

Hello

I want to block any tcp/ip communication between my Ii-System and some ip ranges. The reason is, that I like to use Edge, which has a google core now, and I do not want my computer system to communicate with google at all.

I already wrote a program, which extracts all ip ranges, I would like to block. I would like to use the standard windows firewall.

Just adding a blocking rule for those ip ranges with all ports, applications and protocols did not work sufficiently. Even if I switch of all outgoing rules, by default, anything should be blocked, I can still connect to the internet and visit google pages. But I do not want to send any ip package to one of those blocked ranges at all. And I do not want to respond to any request send from an ip address within those ranges.

Which order of rules is used within the windows firewall? If something is forbidden by one rule and allowed by another, which rule has priority? Is there a debugging possibility with more details than the log, where the decision for ip packages can be monitored?

Remark: I do not want to discuss my decision to block google out of my life, I just want to know, how to block the communication to any given ip range.

Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

2. mike1127 Win User

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Jun 23, 2020
  3. how to block proxy server ip address traffic to my website?

i found with google analytics that my website 1-123-hp.com receiving traffic from proxy server ip address. How to block proxy ip traffic to my website?

Move from Bing / Other / Developers and webmasters

hppauldavid, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Glenn G Win User

How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10...

How to block range of incoming IPs in Windows Advanced Firewall

PowerShell also supports ranges and lists if it doesn't fall into a certain subnet mask.

Glenn G, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10... - Similar Threads - block incomming outgoing

2. How to monitor incoming and outgoing traffic!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to monitor incoming and outgoing traffic!?: Hello,I am newbie using windows firewall and i want to learn more.Previously i used third-party firewalls like comodo firewall and Kaspersky total security The paid version.I don't know all the functionalities about windows firewall.I am running windows 10 22h2 pro x64. I...
  3. Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked: I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm running out of options, so here goes ...I have a Windows 10 laptop linked to a 4G Router. Other devices such as mobile phones are connected to the same router. Everything seems to work OK, except when...
  4. Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked: I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm running out of options, so here goes ...I have a Windows 10 laptop linked to a 4G Router. Other devices such as mobile phones are connected to the same router. Everything seems to work OK, except when...
  5. Feature to block IP Subnet Range in Defender Indicator List

Feature to block IP Subnet Range in Defender Indicator List: Hi,Is there a feature to block the whole IP subnet range of /24 in the indicator list of Defender for Endpoint console?It will be very helpful to block the whole range in one go.Any help will be apprecaited....
  6. Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...

Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...: The wording in the Subject above is showing on my McAfee Internet Suite under Security History. McAfee says there are 150,000. Is this something I need to be worried about? If the answer is no, is this normal , or is there something I can do to correct this? Windows 10...
  7. Monitoring incoming and outgoing network traffic separately?

Monitoring incoming and outgoing network traffic separately?: Is there a tool that will tell me the total quantity of outgoing and incoming network traffic on a Windows 10 machine for each app, without lumping the incoming and outgoing traffic together, and which will count ethernet traffic as well as wireless traffic? I have noticed...
  8. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...
  9. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...
  10. Blocking incoming/outgoing except MS Updates?

Blocking incoming/outgoing except MS Updates?: I have a rig that I use for backups of all my devices, a desktop running windows 10. What is A way, or the best way, to limit its connectivity to the LAN, and to MS Updates, and effectively block everything else? searching around the web, I see a number of similar queries,...