Windows 10: how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service

Discus and support how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello I intend to use Office 2019 pro plus only casewise on W10 pro. To get rid of the unwanted complexity of CLICKTORUN, I set set it in services to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mhonline, Jul 23, 2019.

1. mhonline Win User

how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service

Hello
    I intend to use Office 2019 pro plus only casewise on W10 pro. To get rid of the unwanted complexity of CLICKTORUN, I set set it in services to disabled. However, service is allways restarted by scripts in background and set to AUTOMATIC again.
    How can this be permanently disabled (=enabled manually when needed) respectivly the xml-files within common files\microsoft shared\clicktorun be tweaked to stop that nasty behaviour?
    rgds
    mh

:)

mhonline, Jul 23, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 23, 2019
  3. PC will not restart

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these startup services and programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service or program is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Do the same for the programs. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and programs, do the same with the last half of the services and programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or program at fault.

Once you have found the service or program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

"Server connectivity = blocked" on Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi MoonBunny17,

If your server connectivity is "Blocked", it means that your computer was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. Since you've tried the troubleshooting steps from our support page, let's try to restart the "IP
    Helper" and "Xbox Networking Service" by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    2. Type "services" and hit enter to open the Services Window
    3. Scroll down until you find an entry called “IP Helper”. Right-click on it, and then click Restart.
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and do the same thing for “Xbox Live Networking Service”.
    5. Close the window, open the Xbox app and check your connection again.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you try connecting your computer to another network to see if that will change the server connectivity on the Xbox app.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service - Similar Threads - block ClickToRun being

2. How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed: It looks like, despite Microsoft's lies to the contrary, that MSWin 11 can get installed on compatible machines WITHOUT authorization. I've already seen one machine where it's happened, which NOW runs like **** because of it not that MSWin 10 wasn't already ****. I've...
  3. How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to BLOCK MSWin 11 from being installed: It looks like, despite Microsoft's lies to the contrary, that MSWin 11 can get installed on compatible machines WITHOUT authorization. I've already seen one machine where it's happened, which NOW runs like **** because of it not that MSWin 10 wasn't already ****. I've...
  4. How to block Windows 11 from being installed on your computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to block Windows 11 from being installed on your computer: [IMG]Windows 11 comes with new features and tools to increase your productivity. But if for some reason, you or your business is not ready and do not want to migrate to Windows11, you can block it from being installed on your Windows 10 computer by changing either Registry or...
  5. How to block ISO files from being downloaded?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block ISO files from being downloaded?: Hi,What is the best way to block users from saving .ISO files on their local computer and network drives? We are using Applocker, Intune, SCCM, Group Policy. Which one of these can block it, and how? Thank you....
  6. Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun: This is evidently a problem which has afflicted different versions and builds of Windows for some years. All the threads seem to be oldish. Every now and again I get this error when trying to open any Office 2019 application (I understand that it also crops up for other...
  7. how to block clicktorun from beeing restartet as a service

in Microsoft Office and 365
    how to block clicktorun from beeing restartet as a service: Hello I intend to use Office 2019 pro plus only casewise on W10 pro. To get rid of the unwanted complexity of CLICKTORUN, I set set it in services to disabled. However, service is allways restarted by scripts in background and set to AUTOMATIC again. How can this be...
  8. . how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    . how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?: I keep getting msg saying attempt to sign into Gmail failed. How do I stop it. Someone changed my password to my account and my recovery account is hotmail. how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being blocked? Google sent me a link to reset password but I'm...
  9. Microphone is apparently blocked from being used?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is apparently blocked from being used?: Recently, I have been having issues where i'd launch Discord, Steam or any service which uses the mic and none of them have been receiving anything. I've checked that the correct microphone is being used in the settings (it comes up as USB PnP sound device) and I have tried...
  10. Microphone is apparently blocked from being used?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphone is apparently blocked from being used?: Recently, I have been having issues where i'd launch Discord, Steam or any service which uses the mic and none of them have been receiving anything. I've checked that the correct microphone is being used in the settings (it comes up as USB PnP sound device) and I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicktorun service still showing in msconfig