Windows 10: How to block downloading upgrade to Windows 10?

Discus and support How to block downloading upgrade to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I do not know if this is the appropriate forum but really I need help. I have Windows 8.1 and I can not install the updates to Windows 8.1 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shout, Dec 5, 2015.

1. shout Win User

How to block downloading upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi, I do not know if this is the appropriate forum but really I need help. I have Windows 8.1 and I can not install the updates to Windows 8.1 in Windows Update because it always starts downloading Windows 10. How to block downloading Windows 10 and only download updates to Windows 8.1?

:)

shout, Dec 5, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Rotation Lock button is gone from Action Center

By the way, Acer seems not doing good on their products. This is my second one from Acer, I have a Predator 8 tablet and the same it has problem that need to be brought back to manufacture repair within one year. Lucky that was still warranty. To me that
    it is 100% chance product will fail. I would never touch any Acer product again!!!

upgrade vista to win7, Dec 5, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. shout Win User
    I forgot to add that I have Windows 8.1 in the basic version, so I can not use option 2. I have a problem with Option 1 because it is not working. I downloaded the file Disable_Upgrade_to_Windows_10_update.reg, merged it and rebooted the computer, but when I turn on search for updates in Windows Update again starts download upgrade to Windows 10. Could this be due to the fact that I had turned off the automatic check for updates? Please help*Sad

shout, Dec 7, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  7. shout Win User
    shout, Dec 8, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Glad it worked for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block downloading upgrade to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - block downloading upgrade

2. how to upgrade to windows11 after blocking it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to upgrade to windows11 after blocking it: hi,I blocked my windows 10 upgrades to go 11 ,using this method:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To Block Windows 11 update, see the steps below, which is...
  3. how to upgrade to windows11 after blocking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade to windows11 after blocking it: hi,I blocked my windows 10 upgrades to go 11 ,using this method:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To Block Windows 11 update, see the steps below, which is...
  4. how to upgrade to windows11 after blocking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to block the Windows 11 upgrade on Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    How to block the Windows 11 upgrade on Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been released and it is being offered via Windows Update already to systems that meet the Windows 11 system requirements. Windows 11 is a free upgrade for activated Windows 10 systems. The upgrade to Windows 11 is not enforced at...
  6. Download Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Blocked: Trying to download and do some updates, but for some reason every single download says "failed-blocked". I never had any problem before. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-blocked/5c697e75-8094-447a-8268-27989f02b8df
  7. How to bypass Windows 10 Upgrade Blocks (Safeguard holds)

in Windows 10 News
    How to bypass Windows 10 Upgrade Blocks (Safeguard holds): Windows 10 administrators may enable policies on devices to bypass upgrade blocks that prevent the device from being offered feature updates. Upgrade blocks, or Safeguard holds as Microsoft calls them, are designed to prevent devices from being upgraded to a new version of...
  8. downloads blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    downloads blocked: Trying to download... Want to put open office on but everything just "disappears" or is blocked Any ideas on how to allow non Microsoft apps to be added...Going crazy, new laptop...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block: As we all know the October Update (Windows 10 1809) still hasn't rolled out to a majority of the PCs out there. Using a HP laptop and I'm guessing the reason I haven't had it is due to the Intel Display Driver Issues; that is until now. I manually checked for an update just...
  10. How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can have more control over your browser by disabling downloads. This practice not only ensures enough disk space but can also a measure to guard your PC against malicious downloads and malware. This post will show you how to [...] This post How to block...