Windows 10: How to block future features updates

Discus and support How to block future features updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help would be greatly appreciated please. I am frustrated with constant difficulties installing Features updates that I will never use - how do I block... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Escape to the Allotment, Mar 3, 2019.

1. How to block future features updates

Help would be greatly appreciated please. I am frustrated with constant difficulties installing Features updates that I will never use - how do I block them (and stop auto updates from telling me they are there) but allow Security updates to be installed as normal. The problem lies with my laptop - it only has 32G of memory, 22G of which is taken up with the Operating System. Each time a major upgrade is available I have to mess around with additional memory and make several attempts before succeeding. I am not an expert so I have no idea whether what I am asking for is possible - am I dreaming ?

:)

Escape to the Allotment, Mar 3, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Mar 3, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 3, 2019
  4. How to block future features updates

BUG IN CALL BLOCKING FEATURE

WHEN WE ARE ADDING THE PHONE NO. TO CALL BLOCK LIST. WE ARE ABLE TO BLOCK THE PARTICULAR CALLER. BUT THERE IS A BUG THAT EVEN WHEN ARE TURNING OFF THE CALL BLOCK FEATURE IT IS BLOCKING THAT CALLER TO CALL US. THE PHONE SHOULD ALLOW TO CALL US WHEN THE
    FEATURE IS TURNED OFF AND EVEN THOUGH THE CALLER IS IN CALL BLOCK LIST. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE CUMBERSOME TO ADD THE CALLER NOW AND THEN AND REMOVE IT....

bhupenchavda, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

How to block future features updates

1. How to block future features updates - Similar Threads - block future features

2. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  3. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  4. Blocking feature

Blocking feature: I keep being called names on certain post report it and that person still there cyberbullying using curse words and insults why hasn't msn remove the person? Where is blocked feature?...
  5. Blocking feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking feature: I keep being called names on certain post report it and that person still there cyberbullying using curse words and insults why hasn't msn remove the person? Where is blocked feature?...
  6. How do I make feature requests for Future Updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make feature requests for Future Updates?: Hi, I want to make a big request for Microsoft to add inside a Future Update. How do I do that?If the answer is that you post it here, and MS will read it and submit it for feature additions to future versions: Here's my message:There's a lot to like about Windows 11, but for...
  7. How do I make feature requests for Future Updates?

How do I make feature requests for Future Updates?: Hi, I want to make a big request for Microsoft to add inside a Future Update. How do I do that?If the answer is that you post it here, and MS will read it and submit it for feature additions to future versions: Here's my message:There's a lot to like about Windows 11, but for...
  8. Interesting future feature in a old version.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interesting future feature in a old version.: Before upgrading my PC to 20H1, I wanna tell that I am weirdly having one 20H1 feature in a 1909 version. I am not an insider volunteer, but still having this thing. I even checked my colleagues up to date PCs where they are not having this feature. It actually happened when...
  9. Feature for next/future windows update.

Feature for next/future windows update.: The latest features in the 1809 version of windows has some neat phone integration features and finally a dark theme for apps, good on you! However it'd nice to be able to pause a windows update. When you check for updates you automatically begin the process of downloading...
  10. What is the feature of future windows

What is the feature of future windows: I want to know what is the future windows system. Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-is-the-feature-of-future-windows/e0ec97d6-6c2c-4e49-925d-1606276348f8