Windows 10: How to block ISO files from being downloaded?

Discus and support How to block ISO files from being downloaded? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,What is the best way to block users from saving .ISO files on their local computer and network drives? We are using Applocker, Intune, SCCM, Group... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MySocial, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MySocial Win User

How to block ISO files from being downloaded?

Hi,What is the best way to block users from saving .ISO files on their local computer and network drives? We are using Applocker, Intune, SCCM, Group Policy. Which one of these can block it, and how? Thank you.

:)

MySocial, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jun 1, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

4. timta2 Win User

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

Optical disc image - Wikipedia

timta2, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. How to block ISO files from being downloaded? - Similar Threads - block ISO files

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Blocked from being able to download Windows 10 ISO on Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked from being able to download Windows 10 ISO on Linux: I keep getting this error when I attempt to download the Windows 10 ISO. I'm able to install the Windows 10 media creation tool but I'm using Linux and was directed to get the ISO instead. I turned off any ad blocker and tried different browsers and incognito mode but I still...
  5. Blocked from being able to download Windows 10 ISO on Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from being able to download Windows 10 ISO on Linux: I keep getting this error when I attempt to download the Windows 10 ISO. I'm able to install the Windows 10 media creation tool but I'm using Linux and was directed to get the ISO instead. I turned off any ad blocker and tried different browsers and incognito mode but I still...
  6. Blocked from being able to download Windows 10 ISO on Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet: This same question has arisen a number of times over the past few years but seems to keep coming back. Basically, and just recently, files downloaded from the Internet have been blocked or regarded as unsafe. I suspect this is a result of a recent Windows 10 update. Of...
  8. Glasswire download is being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Glasswire download is being blocked: I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it...
  9. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  10. Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows: How to: Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows How to Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows The Attachment Manager is included in Windows to help protect your PC from unsafe attachments that you might receive with an e-mail message and...