Windows 10: How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

Discus and support How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, We have to block Microsoft Edge because our DLP product is not compatible with Edge browser and tried too many thing but unable to block this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnkitMoradiya, May 24, 2019.

1. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

Hello,

We have to block Microsoft Edge because our DLP product is not compatible with Edge browser and tried too many thing but unable to block this

application.

Seems like Microsoft trying to forcely use Edge browser but before do that you should compatible with other apps too.

Regards,

Ankit

:)

AnkitMoradiya, May 24, 2019

2. windows defender is blocked by group policy

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with Window Defender is blocked by Group policy on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “CJ. Eichholz” replied on November 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Windows Defender is off due to group policy (Windows 10)

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 24, 2019
  3. Disable Flash in Edge Browser - Group Policy / Script / Unattend?

There is no pre-defined Group Policy Template with an option to Disable Flash in Edge.

Microsoft seem intent on limiting what an administrator can easily control, and have even blocked a number of Group Policy settings from applying on the Pro SKU of Windows 10 v1607. It's a worrying trend.

However, you can create a Group Policy Preference (rather than a Policy) and hardcode the Registry string and value.

This will achieve exactly what you want, and the setting will be distributed via normal Group Policy processing.

It will tattoo the Registry - whereas Group Policy doesn't.

JamesWillmott, May 24, 2019
  4. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, May 24, 2019
Thema:

How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

1. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker - Similar Threads - block Microsoft Edge

2. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup blocked by group policy: I tried to connect my phone and my drawing tablet to my laptop running Windows 11 but it just says "setup blocked by group policy".It might have something to do with gpedit.msc but in my defense, that was the only way I knew how to disable my laptop keyboard. How to fix this?...
  3. Group Policy Blocking Microsoft Account Sing In

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Group Policy Blocking Microsoft Account Sing In: I tried to sign into my microsoft account on the MS store and also on other apps like xbox and game bar. Every time I try it says Ï can't sign into a Microsoft account because it is blocked by group policy with the error code 0x800704ec. How do I fix this from happening? I...
  4. Group Policy Blocking Microsoft Account Sing In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Blocking Microsoft Account Sing In: I tried to sign into my microsoft account on the MS store and also on other apps like xbox and game bar. Every time I try it says Ï can't sign into a Microsoft account because it is blocked by group policy with the error code 0x800704ec. How do I fix this from happening? I...
  5. Group Policy Blocking Microsoft Account Sing In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  7. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup blocked by group policy: My pc is giving me a message that it needs troubleshooting. I get the following: "Status: Setup blocked by group policy." When I try to print a document I get the message: "Could noet start printer. Check printer configuration." How can I fix this?...
  8. this program is blocked by group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    this program is blocked by group policy: code error 0x800704ec this program is blocked by group policy, for more information contact your system administrator First of all, I want to know which is the damn one the group policy ? Is it a virus ? Is it one of the pages which track computer of people ?...
  9. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup blocked by group policy: My keyboard cannot install. It work before but after i update to 1903 version this glitch happen.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-blocked-by-group-policy/2e7d04db-dff6-4e15-96f6-cb9cd28bee8f
  10. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 registry disableantispyware

2. block microsoft edge through registery