Windows 10: How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi

Discus and support How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 gen 10 HP laptop with Verizon. How to hide my wi SSID and if possible all Hidden Network or all nearby wifi? It would help if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by microsofterUSA, Apr 19, 2020.

1. How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi

I have windows 10 gen 10 HP laptop with Verizon.

How to hide my wi SSID and if possible all Hidden Network or all nearby wifi?

It would help if hiding my SSID will not prevent automatic wifi connection to my SSID.

Thanks

I tried in verizon mifi and my SSID still shows.

:)

microsofterUSA, Apr 19, 2020

2. WiFi network that is not broadcasting an SSID

I have my home router set to not broadcast the SSID and have it secured with a WPA2 Passphrase. The question I have is how can I connect my LG Quantum phone to my home network if I'm not broadcasting the SSID? It doesn't show up on the list of available
    WiFi connections and there is no way to manually include my SSID and password from what I can see. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Crazy_Allen, Apr 19, 2020
  3. zeppa01 Win User
    WiFi USB Dongle SSID

I have purchased a Ralink Dual Band USB WiFi Adaptor in order to receive 5ghz on my Asus Laptop. I have installed the program but can't connect because the system keeps requesting the SSID. I can't find this on the packaging or anywhere else. Can anyone
    suggest where I can find the SSID? Thanks

zeppa01, Apr 19, 2020
  4. paulbasel Win User

How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi

Nearby Sharing

I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup:

• Both PC and Laptop running v.1903.
    • Both are on the same WiFi network.
    • Laptop connects to the network via WiFi
    • PC has both ethernet connection and WiFi enabled.
    • PC - Realtek Bluetooth 4.0
    • Laptop - Qualcomm Atheros 4.1
    • Both bluetooth radios supports Low Energy Central Role = true
    • Both set up for nearby sharing. "Everyone nearby" selected on both.
    • The two machines are about 4 meters apart.
    "Looking for nearby devices" fails in both directions. I would appreciate any help.

paulbasel, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi

1. How to block my SSID and other nearby wifi - Similar Threads - block SSID nearby

2. How to remove X next Wifi SSID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove X next Wifi SSID?: Hi All,I am trying to connect to an SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver to no avail. Please is...
  3. How to remove X next Wifi SSID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove X next Wifi SSID?: Hi All,I am trying to connect to an SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver to no avail. Please is...
  4. How to remove X next Wifi SSID?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet has the same ID as the WIFI SSID how come?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet has the same ID as the WIFI SSID how come?: The ethernet ID should say companyname.local not as shown above. Doesn't matter if disconnect the Wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-has-the-same-id-as-the-wifi-ssid-how-come/0d42cf76-41f4-4551-b0c3-2198b323d444
  6. Ethernet has the same ID as the WIFI SSID how come?

Ethernet has the same ID as the WIFI SSID how come?: The ethernet ID should say companyname.local not as shown above. Doesn't matter if disconnect the Wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-has-the-same-id-as-the-wifi-ssid-how-come/0d42cf76-41f4-4551-b0c3-2198b323d444
  7. Wifi ssid dissapeares

Wifi ssid dissapeares: To get the story straight there are three points to make 1- currently I have one laptop and 4 mobile devices connected to my wifi router on both the 2.4 and 5 megahertz. My problem is that the second laptop is not showing the wifi ssid but shows other nearby signals. 2-...
  8. NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password

NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password using netsh [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netsh-how-to-connect-to-wifissid-with-username-and/eade9749-2650-469d-b0b1-55fe89a71bb6
  9. I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby: I need help. My WiFi router appears on all my devices except for one of my laptops. The same laptop can see all the other wifi routers nearby except mine. What is the problem? I tried rebooting the laptop and the router. Is there something in the setting blocking my...
  10. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..: Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device discovery? Im at a loss, my main pc can see my backup, and share to it. My backup cannot see the main pc with modern sharing however....