Windows 10: How to block senders and domains in W10 Mail? Also saved folder?

Discus and support How to block senders and domains in W10 Mail? Also saved folder? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've use Live Mail for years and use a saved folder for, well for things I want to save. I cannot figure out how to migrate Live folders to W10 Mail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jbow, Dec 11, 2015.

1. jbow Win User

How to block senders and domains in W10 Mail? Also saved folder?

I've use Live Mail for years and use a saved folder for, well for things I want to save. I cannot figure out how to migrate Live folders to W10 Mail.
    In Live mail I have the option to block spammers or block their domain. I cannot find either of these actions in W10 Mail. I don't want to just send email to the junk mail folder, but if that does the same thing I guess it is OK.
    I need to know if I cannot set up a Saved folder so I can copy things I need like authorizations and SNs to another folder (not OneDrive) I don't care to share my personal stuff with MS.

Any help for me? I can always use webmail if I need to, Live has just been convenient. This is what happened when people fix things that are not broken!

Thanks,

:)

2. johnei Win User

block sender option greyed out in WIndows live mail

The problem is that following your methd the option to block sender or block senders domain is greyed out and cannot be selected. However I have found a somewhat long-winded way of getting round this by right clicking on the message selecting propertes/details/message
    source and looking for the sending domain @....... I then copy this. Opening the junk drop-down menu and selecting safety options and then the blocked senders tab i can then manually add the domain to block by selecting 'add' and pasting the copied domain
    name into the box. The greying out of the easy option to block sender only occurs with some messages. Perhaps the bad people have a way of preventing blocking!

johnei, Dec 11, 2015
  3. windows10 mail app

Hello Douglas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about blocking sender option in Windows Mail App.

Method 1: How to block the sender.

I would like to inform that, Mail app is by design does not have option to block the sender, instead you can block the sender from Outlook account and same applies to Mail app as well.

If you want to add the sender of the certain email to your blocked senders list, kindly follow these steps:

• Sign in to your account.
    • Open or view the email you want to be blocked.
    • Click Sweep on the toolbar.
    • Select Delete all from…
    • Tick Also block future messages.
    • Click Delete all.
    This will also delete all messages from the sender.

Here’s how you can add the email address manually:

• Sign in to your account.
    • In the upper-right corner of the page, click
      wheel/cog icon
      , and then click on Options.
    • Under Preventing junk email, click
      Safe and blocked senders.
    • Click Blocked senders.
    • Under Blocked email address or domain:, type the email address where these emails came from.
    • Click Save.
    You may also provide your suggestions and feedback using the Feedback App in Windows 10. Just type Feedback in the search bar and click on it to get started.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 11, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

You can STILL run WLM on Windows 10, but eventually you'll have to patch it to get mail from any Microsoft service (Outlook.com, Outlook, Exchange, etc.).

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  5. jbow Win User
    Yeah, I am and I got the email telling me I'm going to have to change. I never use links sent in emails, for obvious reasons. I went to the MS site and tried to DL the patch but it gave me an error message. I may just start saving SNs and such in DropBox an just use "Mail", though I would like to be able to block spammers. I have had almost ZERO spam for the last decade with Comcast mail. I think my grown daughter must have used my computer because I am getting daily spams for handbags and UGG boots. I've NEVER looked at either but she does.
    Oh well.

Thanks!
    J

jbow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block senders and domains in W10 Mail? Also saved folder? - Similar Threads - block senders domains

2. Blocking senders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking senders: Windows Mail is a backward step leaving my Inbox being awash with spam. Why is there no easy to use block senders facility as previous? It makes a mockery of progress... stop going backwards and please indicate that this facility will be restored as default....
  3. Blocking senders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking senders: Windows Mail is a backward step leaving my Inbox being awash with spam. Why is there no easy to use block senders facility as previous? It makes a mockery of progress... stop going backwards and please indicate that this facility will be restored as default....
  4. Block e-Mail senders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block e-Mail senders: I am conducting important research and i need to have my mail clear of banal stuff but i can't block sites that don't have an "unsubscribe" option. There's an option called "ignore" but it's faded out and i can't click it I've also tried to search it on the internet and...
  5. Blocking Senders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking Senders in Windows Mail: Hi Everybody. In older versions of Windows, it was easy to block spammy e-mails. R-click -> Block Sender -> done However, I've been using Win 10 for a year or more and I am having to manually delete a lot of clutter every day which is becoming a tad irksome. I have...
  6. How can I block a sender in Mail in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I block a sender in Mail in Windows 10?: How can I block a sender in Mail in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-block-a-sender-in-mail-in-windows-10/676d1795-2b46-4cb5-b967-b6f90d8f0ca7
  7. blocking senders e mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocking senders e mail: Need to block a senders e mail on windows 10 Hotmail but cannot see any options on opening inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-senders-e-mail/a40d90ca-e0b2-40a0-98a7-5490fd04c462"
  8. Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?: How do I block advertizement senders in Windows 10 Mail account (not outlook)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-senders-in-windows-10-mail/3c32e368-706c-4e15-905b-0ed27e526d45
  9. MS Mail Blocked Senders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Mail Blocked Senders: How can I block e-mail using MS Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-mail-blocked-senders/d481d3c2-3c26-409b-95f4-ac80dca630c1"
  10. Blocked Senders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blocked Senders: How do I clear my blocked senders so I may add more? It is showing full and will not let me add more. Richard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/blocked-senders/125b10e4-d22a-431d-bacf-d8a3ae941993

Users found this page by searching for:

1. block sender windows 10 mail

2. windows 10 mail block sender

3. block w10 email

4. block email w10,
  5. how to block senders in windows 10,
  6. which do i choose add sender to blocked sender list or add senders domain to blocked sender list when deleting junk mail,
  7. how to block sender on w10 mail,
  8. how to block emails in win 10 mail,
  9. how to block user domain w10