Windows 10: How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.

Discus and support How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router? I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.

Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router?

I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both inbound and outbound.

Software Firewall on the computer isn't effective - blocking needs to be done from the Router's onboard software but I can't seem to find where to block specific ports.

Is anyone familiar with this router and can tell me how?

:)

Thelps, Mar 17, 2018

2. D-LINK DIR-615 router

In general yes the Dir-615 will work with windows 10. To be more specific I would need to know what wlan adapter you have.

Jim [MSFT], Mar 17, 2018
  3. setiing up port forwarding for ip camera android phone

Hi

I am

I would like to thank Sjm1985

For his comments how to set up port forwarding on dsl-3780.

I followed every step, and my router is now talking to my ip camera. I can use my ip from anywhere it is something that I thought would never happen. after reading various comments that talktalk dsl-3780 router should be binned, don't give up there's someone
    there to guide you. Thanks to Sjm1985

brionypups, Mar 17, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Mar 17, 2018
  5. Thelps Win User
    I tried the guide linked on Chron.com but according to the Portscan the ports remain open and wholly unfiltered.

Any further ideas?

Thelps, Mar 20, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Drat! I don't have DLink router any more, so I can't hack my way into the Web-based GUI to figure this out directly and personally. So sorry. Anybody else have a DLink device who can report on working port blocking commands/actions?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 20, 2018
  7. Thelps Win User
    Unless you mean logging into your own Router then why are there criminals on these forums?

Anyhoo - The problem persists. Port blocking is certainly a very effective way to block incoming connections that either aren't authorised or wholly ineffective.

I can only assume my ISP is totally invested in wasting my time and that it is they, themselves that are everything wasteful and terrible about the internet. But that's just a guess, y'know what I mean?

Thelps, Mar 20, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

Sorry, Thelps, bad choice of words. By "hack" in this case I didn't mean I'd have to break into my own router, I meant I'd have to bang away at the GUI trying one thing after another, until I found a sequence of commands and settings that worked. My apologies for any misunderstanding occasioned thereby. Have you tried visiting the DLink forums or digging into the DD-WRT, OpenWRT and Tomato communities for help? Seems like the expertise is out there: you just need to find a way to get access to it.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 20, 2018
  9. clam1952 Win User
    Bad news is according to Open-WRT Forums it appears to be a UK ISP specific model, locked to Talk Talk. Not listed as supported on Open-WRT although does get a mention in the forums along with a dead link to source code..... Probably just ask on Open-WRT or DD-WRT is going to be the quickest method of getting an answer.

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router. - Similar Threads - block Specific Ports

2. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  3. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  4. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network USB drives connected to my D link router: OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's shares and my 7 box still sees the USB drives. My old 10 box with a I74960x saw the mapped drives too but this box refuses to...
  6. 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration: [ATTACH] I just got a new motherboard with two ethernet ports. I'm trying to setup link aggregation with my router (qnap) that also supports it. My question is: do I need to setup link aggregation in the router AND also configure windows 10 team? Is configuration needed...
  7. I need to port forward for tp-link router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to port forward for tp-link router: I have no clue how to do this and all of the results google yields are old it seems. I need to portforward specifically for xbox games pass on Windows. Apparently I need the 3074 ports? And I'm hitting dead ends. I'm at the screen to add a new virtual server (or port I...
  8. WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM: Sir, window 10 block my D-LINK modem. So tell me how to use my D-LINK modem in my window 10. thanks. Each time i plug in my D-Link Modem in my window 10. it will show an administrator has block you from running this program. I have done a lot but no solution. pls help me out...
  9. Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print: It looks like my d-link 921 router installs itself every time our computers connect to it for 3g/4g connectivity. I can remove them one by one in Devices and Printers but wow that is tedious. I haven't found a setting in the installation guide to prevent this from happening....
  10. Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print: It looks like my d-link 921 router installs itself every time our computers connect to it for 3g/4g connectivity. I can remove them one by one in Devices and Printers but wow that is tedious. I haven't found a setting in the installation guide to prevent this from happening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to block specific ports on router