Windows 10: How to block the new AccuWeather.com pop-up

Discus and support How to block the new AccuWeather.com pop-up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; AccuWeather.com has started using a pop-up: "[number] pages viewed, but no ads in sight… Please allow ads to display for AccuWeather.com, and help... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DR Ben, Feb 7, 2018.

1. DR Ben Win User

How to block the new AccuWeather.com pop-up

AccuWeather.com has started using a pop-up:

"[number] pages viewed, but no ads in sight…
    Please allow ads to display for AccuWeather.com, and help us keep our weather news free."

I use FireFox Quantum (Vers. 58) with AdBlock Plus. I have tried several add-ons from Mozilla to stop this with no success.

Any ideas (other than allowing ads)?

:)

DR Ben, Feb 7, 2018
  2. Gary960 Win User

Pop up blocker

I have Windows 10 (new to me) and I am getting pop-ups. I think my pop-up blocker is on. (How do I check this?) and How do I block the pop-ups.

Gary960, Feb 7, 2018
  3. How to unblock pop-up?

When I was using internet, a message appeared.

"Turn off pop-up block".

My new page would not appear, as it is a pop-up.

Would any one tell me how to unblock pop-up, which I did not set.

Thanks.

hillview---01, Feb 7, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Check your extensions and plugins....see if anything has been added. The use Ccleaner to clean all of your browsers.

Plankton, Feb 7, 2018
  5. DR Ben Win User
    "Check your extensions and plugins....see if anything has been added." -- Well, I recently upgraded to FireFox Quantum (Vers. 58) and this may have started about then. The upgrade (sic) required changes to my add-ons but nothing with a "new" purpose.

I just scanned with SpyBot with no change.

I then used ccleaner to clean all the browsers (Note: there are 2 leftovers associated with Internet Explorer, which I never use and will not go away). The pop-up is still there, however the counter has been reset.

I ran a test by using Chrome. Lots of ads and no pop-up.

DR Ben, Feb 7, 2018
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Dr Ben,
    Have you tried uBlock Orgin ... I use it on FF Quantum and don't see any ads or popups on accuweather site.

Eagle51, Feb 7, 2018
  7. DR Ben Win User
    Bingo!

Thank you!

I tried several blockers but must have missed that one.

I'm still using Adblock Plus. Do you see any reason to remove it?

DR Ben, Feb 7, 2018
  8. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block the new AccuWeather.com pop-up - Similar Threads - block AccuWeather com

2. Blocking pop-ups in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking pop-ups in Edge: Since updating Edge to the latest version, I have frequently experienced pop-up ads opening in new tabs at random times when I click on a link in a website.In my Edge settings, under Cookies and site permissions/ Pop-ups and redirects, I have Block turned on. Is there...
  3. Blocking pop-ups in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking pop-ups in Edge: Since updating Edge to the latest version, I have frequently experienced pop-up ads opening in new tabs at random times when I click on a link in a website.In my Edge settings, under Cookies and site permissions/ Pop-ups and redirects, I have Block turned on. Is there...
  4. How to stop new AccuWeather popups in Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop new AccuWeather popups in Chrome on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you unknowingly leave settings of some specific apps enabled, Windows 10 might trouble you with unwanted notifications. Certain websites like AccuWeather may show popups […] This article How to stop new AccuWeather popups in Chrome on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. New Pop UP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Pop UP: Since the last update, there is a new pop-up that keeps occurring when I use an older Microsoft program. The message is as follows: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device? The name of the app is cag.exe. Which is an older...
  6. block pop ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    block pop ups: how do I stop pop up ads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-pop-ups/a35a6c30-ca14-4dc2-8c1c-2efaef511f05
  7. Pop up block

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up block: Windows 10 problem started yesterday. When I attempt to open an attachment (Facebook "view")…... Response says block-up stops opening. I have gone to block-up in the control panel.....and it is not turned on. Any ideas Ed B...
  8. blocking pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocking pop ups: I am unable to click on trusted links in my emails. I keep getting this message "Could not open window.If you have a pop-up blocker installed, please make sure it is disabled." This has only started recently so I'm assuming it's from a resent update. Help please....
  9. how to block pop-up adds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block pop-up adds: very annoying trying to read something with pop-ups blocking content https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-block-pop-up-adds/bcdf397c-f45c-448a-9193-927f19faaaa1
  10. Pop up Block

in Browsers and Email
    Pop up Block: Hello All, I am trying to open a link on my companies web site from my home computer. It tells me I cant because a pop up blocker is on, and I have checked that it isn't. Any pointers please ? 60820

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop accuweather pop ups

2. accuweather pop ups

3. block accuweather

4. accuweather popups,
  5. how to stop accuweather popup,
  6. accuwether popups,
  7. remove accuweather popup,
  8. stop accuweather popup,
  9. stop accuweather pop ups,
  10. block accuweather popups,
  11. how do i stop pop ups from chrome accuweather on my galaxy s7 phone,