Windows 10: How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons?

Discus and support How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and Chrome. Some sites have a vertical group of icons at the left or right of the page. The icons are for Facebook, Twitter,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by OldGrantonian, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons?

I use Windows 10 and Chrome.

Some sites have a vertical group of icons at the left or right of the page.
    The icons are for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and some others. These icons are hiding the first or last few characters of text on many lines. I constantly need to scroll up or down to avoid the icons.
    Is there any way to block these icons?

I use ABP (Ad Block Plus), which definitely blocks most ads, but not these icons.

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Mar 15, 2019
  2. prescient Win User

home group icon

home group icon started to show on off desktop on its own .
    not a shortcut icon but it just says home group icon

all i can remember is upgrading to outlook from hot mail and skype with its updater

prescient, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Social groups

i was wondering i get notifications when people friend request me and when im invited to a social group. but i was wondering if its at all possible to add another message when someone posts in these social groups like team TPU etc. i think it would make them alot more lively essentially making them more usefull and for the ones that do infact get a good amount of attention it would make it easier to keep up if you were asked something in them for example. what do you think?

Solaris17, Mar 15, 2019
  4. How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons?

Creating a new tiles group in windows 10

Hi everyone,

I was trying to figure out how to do this, and I ran into the same grief.

So, now that I know how to do it, I thought I'd post what works for me.

When you open the Start Menu, you have two large, vertical sections.

• On the left, a list of your "Most used" programs.
    • On the right, your groups of Tiles ... and the location we want to create a new group.

The first tile group in this list is probably titled "Life at a glance."
    A few basic things to know

• Both of these two lists in the Start Menu are vertically scrollable.
    • Each tile group is separated so that each one falls below the next.
    • The title for each group is left-aligned in the space between tile groups.
    • If you hover your mouse pointer over the space between tile groups (or over a group's title), you'll see a little menu icon appear to the right of the title (right-aligned). It looks like two horizontal lines. In mobile webpages, it's often referred to
      as a mobile menu or hamburger menu. It's not a menu here. I don't know what Microsoft calls it, so I'm going to call it a Grab Handle (it'll make sense shortly).
    • Your existing Tile groups are all stacked one above the other on the right side,
      but there's always one group hidden at the very bottom of the list. If you scroll down and look, you'll see an empty space at the bottom of your tiles list that's larger than the space between your existing
      tile groups.

Let's call this the "New Tile Group space."
    • The Start Menu creates a new group when you drag an icon into the "New Tile Group space."

It doesn't matter if the icon comes from the left list of "Most used" programs or from somewhere else in the Tiles list. Simply drag it down there, and voila! A new tile group.
    If you click on the space between tile groups, of if you click on a "Grab Handle," you can add or edit the name for the tile group immediately below it, including your new group.

If you want to change the placement of any tiles, simply drag them to where you want them.

If you want to change the order of your tile groups, simply grab the "Grab Handle," and drag the group up or down to where you want it to sit in the tiles list.

A suggestion...

If you're going to create a new group by dragging an icon from the left "Most used" list, I'd suggest scrolling the tiles list (on the right) to the very bottom first. You'll have that "New Tile Group space" immediately accessible to drop your icon onto
    -- without having to mess with trying to make the list auto scroll while dragging.

That's it.

I get the whole desire to cater to mobile and finger navigation, but wouldn't also having an option button or link make a whole lot of sense?

DistinctlyMe, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons?

1. How to block the vertical group of Social Media icons? - Similar Threads - block vertical group

2. How to block single user on company network from accessing social media i.e Facebook,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block single user on company network from accessing social media i.e Facebook,...: Hi I have a question I have been instructed to block social media websites for one user in our company, is there a way to do this locally on a PC?Is there a way you can apply the social media blocking to selected users but not the entire company as some will need to use...
  3. How to block single user on company network from accessing social media i.e Facebook,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block single user on company network from accessing social media i.e Facebook,...: Hi I have a question I have been instructed to block social media websites for one user in our company, is there a way to do this locally on a PC?Is there a way you can apply the social media blocking to selected users but not the entire company as some will need to use...
  4. Possible PC infection and on social media

Possible PC infection and on social media: Dear Team,I have always updated updates for my computer and am very satisfied with my PC. I have got the latest update on my computer and even BIOS updated. For the past few weeks, I am having a hard time recovering my PC. My PC default apps are missing and I have tried...
  5. Telegram Desktop Social Media

Telegram Desktop Social Media: I have download Telegram Desktop to my pc, phone, tablet and soon, my laptop. This social media guarantees total privacy unlike FB and whatsapp. It takes a little getting used to but I already have one group (military) up and running. Having been banned on FB for three times...
  6. Vertical tabs issue with groups

in Browsers and Email
    Vertical tabs issue with groups: The group feature does not render properly when using vertical tabs, see screenshots The group label appears to function correctly in that it opens and collapses the groups However, the placement of the label appears incorrect and there is extra spacing I have turned off all...
  7. B/W on Social Media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    B/W on Social Media: Hi, The videos on FB and Twitter and other websites are in B/W. However, they play in color on YouTube.... My computer is updated. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? My computer is now about 4 years old...is it dying? Thx!...
  8. How to move/delete social media icons in Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move/delete social media icons in Chrome?: In Chrome, is it possible to move or delete the block of icons for FaceBook, Twitter, Pin, email, etc that are pinned either to the left or right of my screen? On some pages, the icons block text, so I need to scroll up or down to expose that text. Thanks. [img] 131534
  9. Everything reset, even social media?

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything reset, even social media?: Hello, A few hours ago I left my computer to go for tea and when I got back I realized that my icons on my desktop had seemed to have deleted themselves and my wallpaper had reset. A quick look through my files and settings revealed that my WHOLE computer had been reset to...
  10. Video & Social Media

in Windows 10 Support
    Video & Social Media: I've been having problems playing video's, especially on Facebook. It shows that they're playing but I have no sound or picture. I have had some luck by manually moving the video cursor back to the start position, like 10%. *Redface Thanks 13999