Windows 10: How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How Do I Remove an Unwanted WIFI Network From List My List of Portals to the Internet? This query is at least 5 years old and comes with a response... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewGZatkalik, Apr 2, 2020.

1. How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10

How Do I Remove an Unwanted WIFI Network From List My List of Portals to the Internet? This query is at least 5 years old and comes with a response that 'Microsoft has done nothing to enable this to happen'. Because Microsoft 'has done nothing' it speaks volumes: 'Owners of Windows 10 can do nothing to alleviate this issue'. That 1 Is so very unprofessional; 2 It makes your programmers appear to have very limited skills/abilities; and/or 3 It makes Microsoft look very indifferent to customer's concerns. Does that 'bother Microsoft? It certainly bothers your customers and challenges Windows 10 as the panacea of all previous Microsoft Operating Systems. Irrespective of all that,Do 'you' ever anticipate providing a solution to that issue which has remained unaddressed and unresolved for over 5 years?

***Original Title: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-from-my/353951cb-11dd-4425-9c0d-5450af3dac42***

:)

MatthewGZatkalik, Apr 2, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 2, 2020
  4. How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10

1. How to Block Unknown Wi-Fi Network From Appearing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Block Unknown Network

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  4. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  5. Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extender does not appear in available networks: Wi-Fi extender is plugged in, and the Wi-Fi light is green. However, the extender does not appear in the list of available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-extender-does-not-appear-in-available/79a55388-5aa3-4522-bace-494052e446d1
  6. Wi-Fi panel not appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi panel not appearing: a while ago i noticed a certain problem where i couldnt open the panel where u join diffrent wi-fi'seven tho i clicked the globe, nothing happenseven in the settings when i click "Show available networks" nothing happensam i the only one with this problem?...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network

Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network: Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public network. For example in the library or school. At home all works ok. Public network Windows10 home blocks wi-fi on public Windows10 home blocks wi-fi. But at home all works OK. It gets redirected saying, its older and unsafe. Doesn't...
  9. No Wi-Fi networks appear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Wi-Fi networks appear: Wi-Fi networks are not shown on my laptop with Windows 10 and it is not a problem for drivers because I already update to the latest version of my network drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-networks-appear/fae80c2b-8cc9-4261-8838-767eb94b5a10
  10. Windows 10 blocks whole Wi-Fi network

Windows 10 blocks whole Wi-Fi network: Hi everyone! Please help me to solve next issue with my Win10: 1) my laptop configuration is next: HP Support document - HP Support Center is HP envy sleekbook 6-1058er 2) Windows 10 was installed from scratch ( it was not installed over other windows version)all...