Windows 10: How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program

Discus and support How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Cold Turkey to block certain websites, but I also have Instagram and Twitter apps that I want to be able to block them temporarily, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danilux, Sep 5, 2018.

1. danilux Win User

How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program

Hi, I'm using Cold Turkey to block certain websites, but I also have Instagram and Twitter apps that I want to be able to block them temporarily, I tried adding C:\Windows\system32\applicationframehost.exe to the blocked list but it doesn't work, any idea how I can access the .exe or another way

:)

danilux, Sep 5, 2018

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Manage Your Microsoft Account in One Place using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 5, 2018
  4. How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program

1. How to block windows 10 apps with a productivity program - Similar Threads - block apps productivity

2. Blocked Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  3. Blocked Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  4. non app program is blocked by microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    non app program is blocked by microsoft store: why is it so dificult to install Malware Byte for a 14 day trial. I know they are probably competitors to microsoft . Able to download the program but I am unable to get past the microsoft store notice which flags it as a non microsoft store app. Then there is no more support...
  5. How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app: I had to do a reinstall of windows and now I'm getting a pop up that windows defender firewall has blocked some features of the google app. I don't know if I should allow them without knowing what features they are. How can I find out? Running windows 10...
  6. How to block programs in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to block programs in the background?: So I have exceeding greedy software (photoshop and Lightroom) Which tends to monopolise all of my 8gb ram. - (can’t extend any further before you all start!) But I seem to have an insane amount of programs that run in the background I already block certain programs at...
  7. how to unlock app or program in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to unlock app or program in Windows 10: On my iphone, I can associate my fingerprint to my username and password to open an app. How do I do that in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-app-or-program-in-windows-10/822e3137-c086-4336-bb08-b5361540a419
  8. Blocking program

Blocking program: How do I get "Five nights at Freddy's" blocked from my autistic 11 year old boy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-program/492260f5-b5e3-434e-a474-2b4b36c2dfa6"
  9. How to block a complete program folder ?

How to block a complete program folder ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  10. Windows 10 product key blocked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key blocked: I Upgraded from windows 8.1 that was already installed in my laptop to windows 10. Later because of hard drive issues restored my system to Windows 8.1 . After which I could not activate windows as it said the Key was blocked *Sad Cuz of hard drive crash I purchased a new...