Windows 10: How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V

Discus and support How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have physical linux partition on my drive how do i boot it in hyper-v... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adyanrehan, Apr 21, 2021.

1. How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V

I have physical linux partition on my drive how do i boot it in hyper-v

:)

adyanrehan, Apr 21, 2021

2. Physical Machine not connected to Hyper-V systems

Hello Guys

I have setup a lab on one standalone machine for Microsoft sccm. My base machine is having Windows 10 OS and not connected to outside Network. In Windows 10 Hyper-V i have build my Test DC with DHCP, SCCM Core server and two test machines.

My Hyper-v machines are communicating well with each other but not all Hyper-V machines not connecting to Physical Machine and Physical machine not connected to Hyper-V machines.

I choose Default switch with Connection Type Internal Network. Just need solution for Physical Machine should communicate with Hyper-V machines

Vikas Jagtap, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Can't remove Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue when you are trying to remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition. This partition is just a virtual partition that is created by using the space within your physical hard disk, so that
    it can be used within Hyper-V. Since you are no longer using Hyper-V and you wish to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition using Disk Management:

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter, this will open the Disk Management Window for you.
    3. Your Virtual Hard Drive will be indicated by a ‘blue’ drive beside the
      Disk n (n is the disk number to which the VHD is associated), select the allocated
      Volume, right-click and select Delete Volume. You can check the picture below for your reference.

How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V a9bbe536-f604-4912-9a6e-fdb56b275e03?upload=true.png

4. You will receive a prompt, click on
      Yes. This will delete the volume allocated to the Virtual Hard Drive and the space allocated will now be turned into an
      Unallocated space.
    5. To detach the Virtual Hard Drive completely,
      right-click on the Disk and select Detach VHD.
    6. You will receive a prompt, you may click on the check box to
      Delete the virtual hard disk after removing the disk. Click on
      OK

This will remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition from your system.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro

TechNet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the issues with Hyper-V and Virtual Hard Drive to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 21, 2021
  4. How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V

Physical Machine not connected to Hyper-V systems

Thanks for your reply.

I am have connected my Physical machine in outside network. I cannot use my Physical machine NIC card to communicate with Hyper-V machines. Hence i am trying to connected Physical machine with Hyper-v through Virtual LAN.

On physical machine vEthernet (Defalut switch) showing Unidentified Network

Vikas Jagtap, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V

1. How to boot a physical partition in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - boot physical partition

2. How to switch physical NICs in Hyper-V server ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch physical NICs in Hyper-V server ??: Hello,I'm running on a critical issue.We have an Hyper-V server with 2 NICs configured. One is for the management that is an Intel PCIe card like remote desktop to Hyper-V server, or PSRemoting etc... and another one to provide network to VMs the default Realtek from the...
  3. How to switch physical NICs in Hyper-V server ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch physical NICs in Hyper-V server ??: Hello,I'm running on a critical issue.We have an Hyper-V server with 2 NICs configured. One is for the management that is an Intel PCIe card like remote desktop to Hyper-V server, or PSRemoting etc... and another one to provide network to VMs the default Realtek from the...
  4. Physical Machine not connected to Hyper-V systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Physical Machine not connected to Hyper-V systems: Hello Guys I have setup a lab on one standalone machine for Microsoft sccm. My base machine is having Windows 10 OS and not connected to outside Network. In Windows 10 Hyper-V i have build my Test DC with DHCP, SCCM Core server and two test machines. My Hyper-v machines...
  5. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  6. Slow writing to physical disks in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Slow writing to physical disks in Hyper-V: If I copy a file from C drive in a hyper-v install to a separate partition on the vhd, I get approx 100MB/s which is pretty much the maximum hdd speed that contains the vhd. However, when I copy a file to an external physical drive, it is very slow @ approx 5 MB/s. Any...
  7. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...
  8. HYPER-V advantage over VMWARE when using physical HDD's

HYPER-V advantage over VMWARE when using physical HDD's: Hi there one HUGE advantage using HYPER-V over VMWARE is that HYPER-V can use physical disks directly (provided they are attached in the VM as SCSI - @Kari - thanks for sorting that out for me !!). This means you don't need to recover / reformat anything as the HDD's can...
  9. Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Add or Remove a Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used...
  10. Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN) support article: Native Boot allows you to create a virtual hard disk (VHD), install Windows to it, and then boot it up, either on your PC side-by-side with...