Windows 10: How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

Discus and support How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CheesusCrust, May 7, 2022.

1. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check the "System Status" in BIOS and I can also see that SSD in windows 10 file explorer. I cloned my C drive where windows is currently installed to a new M.2 SSD using a third party tool and I wanted to go to BIOS to change the boot priority, but I couldn't find my new SSD, nor the old SSD, where my OS is located at, so I assume it's showing up as "UEFI Hard Disk: Windows Boot Manager". I might be wrong, of course, because I don't know that much ab

:)

CheesusCrust, May 7, 2022
  2. slance310 Win User

Boot device- insert proper boot device or insert boot media...

Hi,

Do you have something like Windows Boot Manager on the list...

This is what UEFI machines use as the boot selection for windows...

Do you have another option in the BIOS for "Which" HDD\SSD ?

A lot of times if you pick a HDD\SSD as the boot device it will use the HDD\SSD that is listed as the 1st HDD\SSD... The 1st HDD\SSD is selected with a different button, usually on the same screen...

You may find the Windows Boot Manager there...

slance310, May 7, 2022
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, May 7, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

Hi Matej

If you have UEFI BIOS you will not see your drives listed in the Boot preferences, you will have Secure Boot, the only way to see the drives on your system would be to swap to Legacy BIOS - please don't do that!

Are you having a problem booting your system from that SSD or is there another reason you need to change the boot order . . .

DaveM121, May 7, 2022
Thema:

How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

1. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS? - Similar Threads - boot different SSD

2. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  3. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  4. Can only boot throught bios

Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  5. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  6. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?: Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check the "System Status" in BIOS and I can also see that SSD in windows 10 file explorer. I cloned my C drive where windows is...
  7. How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?

How to boot from a different SSD, if I can only see "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS?: Hi, so as I was saying, I can't boot from a different SSD, because all I can see in the BIOS is "Windows Boot Manager". I can see the SSD if I check the "System Status" in BIOS and I can also see that SSD in windows 10 file explorer. I cloned my C drive where windows is...
  8. I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant boot from my SSD, I can only use Windows boot manager?: So I cloned my 1st ssd to another 2nd ssd and disconnected the first SSD. When i try to boot from my 2nd SSD (P4), it keeps saying ""Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" So I boot from a Windows boot manager...
  9. Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager: I have an acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 which came with a Ryzen 3550h, 12gb ram, and 1 TB HDD. Upgraded it with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb and used samsung´s data migration tool to clone the HDD drive into the new SSD decided not to format the hdd in case i ran into a problem, and...
  10. Windows Boot Manager in BIOS boots only at Boot position 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager in BIOS boots only at Boot position 1: I need to put the Windows OS, that means Windows Boot Manager in BIOS at Boot option 2, but in this case it does not boot. I need to put at boot position 1 PXE boot and if that fails boot from Boot option 2 (Windows). How could I do that? My motherboard is Gigabyte...