Windows 10: How to boot from windows.old in CMD?

Discus and support How to boot from windows.old in CMD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. How to boot from windows.old in CMD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrejki, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Andrejki Win User

How to boot from windows.old in CMD?

Hi.

:)

Andrejki, Sep 20, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 20, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 20, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to boot from windows.old in CMD? - Similar Threads - boot old CMD

2. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to boot from my old HDD on new build: Hey there,My motherboard finally went out not too long ago, and since it was time for me to upgrade my system anyways, I did an entire new build excluding my old memory and HDD. I have a retail version of WIN10, and when I went to boot UEFI shows "no bootable drives", though...
  3. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot from my old HDD on new build: Hey there,My motherboard finally went out not too long ago, and since it was time for me to upgrade my system anyways, I did an entire new build excluding my old memory and HDD. I have a retail version of WIN10, and when I went to boot UEFI shows "no bootable drives", though...
  4. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive: I am using windows 8.1 and renew my windows many time with connected hard drives of 4 TB and 2TB with very useful and personal data.How can I delete this folder without formatting my whole drive.When I install windows it boot up but with drive connected it says error to boot...
  6. How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive

How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive: I am using windows 8.1 and renew my windows many time with connected hard drives of 4 TB and 2TB with very useful and personal data.How can I delete this folder without formatting my whole drive.When I install windows it boot up but with drive connected it says error to boot...
  7. How to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window using cmd

How to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window using cmd: I want to see wifi password using cmd from recovery window? Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-wifi-password-using-cmd-from-recovery/12b3a613-32b3-4f2b-86f0-fec0d46aaff4
  8. cmd on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cmd on boot: hi lately when i boot up my pc log in to windows it looks like cmd opens then closes its hard to tell because it happens so fast but im pretty sure its either cmd or power-shell does anyone have any idea why its doing this and if its bad. i will try and see if i can get a...
  9. Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,: Hello : Tonight my son's computer lost booting from his ssd , the old hard drive boots fine but slow . Need to make the new ssd drive bootable . Weird this worked for 1 month until tonight . 1903 version (os Build 18362.499) Ideas . thanks [img] [img] 144186
  10. How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive: I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 some time ago, and recently the original hard drive refused to boot, apparently due to boot sector errors. I have installed a new hard drive and loaded Windows 10, and installed all required software. Although I have marked all partitions on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Boot from Windows old

2. How to startup the old Windows