Windows 10: How to boot from windows.old in CMD?

Discus and support How to boot from windows.old in CMD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. How to boot from windows.old in CMD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrejki, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Andrejki Win User

How to boot from windows.old in CMD?

Hi.

:)

Andrejki, Sep 20, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 20, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 20, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to boot from windows.old in CMD? - Similar Threads - boot old CMD

2. How to Install Dual Boot 10 with CMD Commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install Dual Boot 10 with CMD Commands: hi, If you are using Windows 10 operating system, you can install New operating system with cmd comands without a program Must Haves 1.Windows 10 iso installation file 2.Minimum 30 GB virtual disk 3.Cmd comands that we Will apply Source;...
  3. cmd on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cmd on boot: hi lately when i boot up my pc log in to windows it looks like cmd opens then closes its hard to tell because it happens so fast but im pretty sure its either cmd or power-shell does anyone have any idea why its doing this and if its bad. i will try and see if i can get a...
  4. How to boot from my old SDD on my new Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to boot from my old SDD on my new Motherboard: Recently had my motherboard get fried. Margarita Accident Purchased a new Motherboard and installed it. Got everything cleaned and working but now when I go to launch my BIOS says no bootable device found. A small amount of troubleshooting lead me to believe that this is...
  5. Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,: Hello : Tonight my son's computer lost booting from his ssd , the old hard drive boots fine but slow . Need to make the new ssd drive bootable . Weird this worked for 1 month until tonight . 1903 version (os Build 18362.499) Ideas . thanks [img] [img] 144186
  6. How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?: I'm having difficulties with Windows repair disk not repairing my MBR. I've tried different starup disks and nothing is working! My only hope at this point is to use command prompt to repair it, but I am not sure how I can elevate to administrator! I've tried the runas...
  7. How to disable audio devices from the cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable audio devices from the cmd: Hi everyone this has me stumped and i have been searching the internet for a answer. i need to disable a audio device with a batch file, is that possible? have been using Nircmd but not doing what i want. (it only lets you set the default sound device) thanks...
  8. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  9. How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive: I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 some time ago, and recently the original hard drive refused to boot, apparently due to boot sector errors. I have installed a new hard drive and loaded Windows 10, and installed all required software. Although I have marked all partitions on...
  10. How to boot an old Win7 drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to boot an old Win7 drive: My old computer died but I was able to read the old drive with my new computer using Win10. I would like to be able to boot the old drive using my new computer with Win10 or set up a partition on my new computer to run programs written that uses Office Cal 2003 on the old...