Windows 10: How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?

Discus and support How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My system has a pair of SSD's configured as a RAID-1 array using the on-board Intel RST controller, which required my storing the drivers on a thumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicklasJohnson, Feb 22, 2022.

1. How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?

My system has a pair of SSD's configured as a RAID-1 array using the on-board Intel RST controller, which required my storing the drivers on a thumb drive in order to install Windows initially.The problem I'm faced with is that this configuration also seems to preclude being able to restart Windows in Safe Mode. When I get to the screen where one would normally be able to click on "Startup Settings," that option simply isn't there. I presume this is because the boot manager is unaware of the RAID driver required to see the disk containing my Windows installation, and indeed, if I drop to a c

:)

NicklasJohnson, Feb 22, 2022

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The
    boot tab in msconfig shows only

Windows 10 (c:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS.

Is there a way to add more entries where I could assign Boot options for alternate shell or network?

I found a guide "Safe Mode in Win 10" which suggested using bcdedit as follows:

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d "Windows 10 Safe Mode"

The command came back with:

The copy command specified is not valid

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance

The parameter is incorrect.

What parameter should I be using to create the new entry in the boot list?

AlleycatAL, Feb 22, 2022
  4. coopfab Win User

How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?

1. How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1? - Similar Threads - boot Safe Mode

2. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  3. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  4. How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot in Safe Mode when the boot drive is RAID1?: My system has a pair of SSD's configured as a RAID-1 array using the on-board Intel RST controller, which required my storing the drivers on a thumb drive in order to install Windows initially.The problem I'm faced with is that this configuration also seems to preclude being...
  5. Install new SSD as main boot drive RAID1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install new SSD as main boot drive RAID1: I have purchased a twin set of 1TB SSD that I want to setup as my new boot drive and move all contents from existing 128Gb SSD to the new ones.My case allows for hot swapping, so I have setup the new SSD in Disk Management as G:.What are my next steps to move files to G:,...
  6. No boot. No safe mode. Two windows when rarely boots. What?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot. No safe mode. Two windows when rarely boots. What?: Windows updated a few months ago. Since then i have two different versions of windows ie different desktops and start screen pictures. This is when it boots but rarely does. It freezes with the blue windows icon. Can't enter safe mode f8. I just hard start it until i get the...
  7. Forgot password when booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot password when booting into safe mode: I’m not going to tell you how it happened because then you will laugh and I cry. Title is explaining the situation. I have no internet, which means that my password is not changing when I changed it on my phone. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE. I WILL LOVE YOU. I WILL WORSHIP YOU. TILL...
  8. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  9. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  10. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...