Windows 10: How to Boot into a hard drive

Discus and support How to Boot into a hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So I installed windows on a hard drive, I just don't know how to boot into that hard drive. I went into boot options, I tried every single option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristianScherer1, May 12, 2020.

1. How to Boot into a hard drive

Hi, So I installed windows on a hard drive, I just don't know how to boot into that hard drive. I went into boot options, I tried every single option and it just says, "REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY." I tried every option and nothing seems to work, I can only boot into the hard drive I'm typing this on... Also, it shows windows symbol on the hard drive that Im using right now, but on my other one it doesn't show the windows symbol under "This pc" in file explorer. Has all the files in the hard drive too.. I tried booting into 2 other drivers I put into my pc, nothing seems to be working expect this one im typing this question on..

:)

ChristianScherer1, May 12, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 12, 2020
  3. little cat, May 12, 2020
  4. GKing Win User

How to Boot into a hard drive

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, May 12, 2020
Thema:

How to Boot into a hard drive

1. How to Boot into a hard drive - Similar Threads - Boot hard drive

2. Wrong hard drive boots

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong hard drive boots: I have 2 laptops. New one has only been set up with Microsoft login. Upon entering Microsoft password on old one, it boots up, but files have disappeared. It appears the old computer thinks it’s the new computer with no files. How do I reaccess my files?...
  3. Wrong hard drive boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong hard drive boots: I have 2 laptops. New one has only been set up with Microsoft login. Upon entering Microsoft password on old one, it boots up, but files have disappeared. It appears the old computer thinks it’s the new computer with no files. How do I reaccess my files?...
  4. Wrong hard drive boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trouble with hard drives and boot drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with hard drives and boot drives: I've recently built a pc with a 120gb ssd and a 6tb hard drive. My goal was to have my system and boot drive on my ssd and then use the 6tb as storage, but when I installed windows the boot drive went onto my hard drive. Because it has been partitioned as an MBR drive I only...
  6. two hard drives boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives boot problem: I have 1 250gb ssd drive with windows 7 and 1 500gb ssd drive with windows 10. Both boot up ok on their own, but if I connect both together screen shows attempting to repair drive c: then blue screen attempting repairs then failed to repair with no error code. Any ideas...
  7. Cant boot hard drive!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot hard drive!: So I had an old system but it was in very good shape so I thought I would transfer my old hard drive into my father's system....we were trading systems so we swoped the hard drive out and I put mine in his....but I went to boot it up and it pops up with reboot and select...
  8. 2 hard drives lost boot

in Windows 10 Support
    2 hard drives lost boot: Not so sure my title is fitting, sorry i haven't been around in along time,, anyhow my issue is odd,, last night my battery back up fried out in the middle of the night it wont power on without the alarm going off like crazy. So after eliminating that then i couldn't get my...
  9. Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive: I have a boot hard drive failing. I wanted to re-install my Windows 10 and accounts software back on to a new disk. I want to know how I can back up what is on the failing disk so that I can re-install it on the new disk. The guidance in windows 10 is woeful and it has failed...
  10. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808