Windows 10: how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so

Discus and support how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots. [img] [img] [img] verification of setup by HP software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Dec 25, 2019.

1. sandila Win User

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so

I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so [​IMG]

verification of setup by HP software

The USB after final setup and verification seems blank I do not know why.

I have following settings in BIOS

The screenshot basically serves the purpose to show that USB boot is enabled.
    Now when I reboot the USB is inserted into USB port and nothing happens I get booted to my old Windows 10
    installation which I wanted to re install or repair.
    So under these conditions what mistake have I done? or How can this USB created using HP Recovery Manager work.
    Did I do some mistake if yes then how can I get rid of the mistake and proceed.

:)

sandila, Dec 25, 2019
  2. sandila Win User

I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.

verification of setup by HP software

The USB after final setup and verification seems blank I do not know why.

I have following settings in BIOS

The screenshot basically serves the purpose to show that USB boot is enabled.
    Now when I reboot the USB is inserted into USB port and nothing happens I get booted to my old Windows 10
    installation which I wanted to re install or repair.
    So under these conditions what mistake have I done? or How can this USB created using HP Recovery Manager work.
    Did I do some mistake if yes then how can I get rid of the mistake and proceed.

sandila, Dec 25, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User

The content of the USB is probably hidden. Open This PC. set as shown, you'd see it

In BIOS, Under UEFI/Legacy boot order, set the USB to be the first boot device then reboot.

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2019
  4. sandila Win User

Thanks I can now see the content of USB here is a screenshot.

I just want to clarify one thing I am new to this process so with this I will be able to do a fresh install of Windows 10. If any more links you can give me to understand this process. I am doing Windows 10 installation on a real hardware for the first time I have done in Vmware virtual machines and I do not have a backup of partition tables on this machine.

sandila, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so - Similar Threads - boot recovery mode

2. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  3. creating a recovery usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  4. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  5. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Now I get a popup like this [ATTACH] I closed this I could not understand from it what to do. I...
  6. can not create a recovery usb

can not create a recovery usb: I have seen reams of problems with this issue - but is there a definitive answer [4 years on!]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-recovery-usb/2578b815-76c3-4d30-add3-2672a724d228
  7. Creating a USB Recovery Drive

Creating a USB Recovery Drive: Hi I have a question about creating a USB Recovery Drive on a memory stick with Recovery Drive Desktop App in Windows 10. I've read online that a recovery drive should be remade following Windows Updates, and about once a month in order to retain your Windows settings....
  8. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...
  9. Cannot Create Recovery USB

Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...
  10. Creating USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating USB Recovery Drive: Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The folder is there with the image so I'm not sure about missing files. I had several BSODs after the initial install but...