Windows 10: how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

Discus and support how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by datatraveler2012, Dec 23, 2019.

1. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 cdae29f4-377a-470d-b922-a27720924c58?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 cf112d73-0281-48f0-929a-43347c7df9d1?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 d9831392-619a-4938-8e33-abed2b4ba9bb?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 1349f971-3ea5-4a62-849f-a4c8506da425?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 6b2d2f3d-6936-440e-9126-03e3650ade11?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 f335a995-8f7f-4014-9e1c-49d802f9411e?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 b232b69d-8f48-451d-a697-0fec06f04183?upload=true.jpg

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 4d6a38ec-8e33-4637-abfa-a77113303f56?upload=true.jpg

Now I get a popup like this

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 fdbf6a65-2f53-4f3b-8266-acb58667c05f?upload=true.jpg

I closed this I could not understand from it what to do.

I check my USB it is blank.

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 4e7e01e2-5191-4fc6-a4cf-161e172ee23f?upload=true.jpg

Here are my BIOS settings

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 d03a6574-a531-490d-9934-8459465199d1?upload=true.jpg

I view the USB by opening hidden files view it looks as follows

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 3e6d995d-c845-4728-85c4-003641fc1b4d?upload=true.jpg

What next should I do has a crash happened here. The HP USB Recovery Media creation tool could be used only once to create a recovery USB and I think a crash has happened in between which I did not noticed.

I am having some problems becuase of which I want to do a factory reset of this OS

:)

datatraveler2012, Dec 23, 2019
  2. NjnBat Win User

Windows usb recovery drive vs Hp recovery usb drive

I recently bought a HP laptop and created windows 10 usb recovery drive . However there is an option in HP which will allow to create an HP recovery usb as well .

Do I need to still go and create the HP usb recovery drive and maintain 2 USB drives ?

If I have to choose one , which would be the right one ? Can you please suggest why ?

I couldn't find online the difference between the features of HP usb and windows usb recovery drive ? Can someone help me with it

NjnBat, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 23, 2019
  4. NjnBat Win User

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

Windows usb recovery drive vs Hp recovery usb drive

Does it mean that Windows recovery USB drive can perform everything that a HP recovery drive could?

If it is yes, I believe there is no point creating an hp USB recovery drive too

NjnBat, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

1. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10 - Similar Threads - boot recovery mode

2. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  3. creating a recovery usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  4. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  5. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots. [img] [img] [img] verification of setup by HP software [img] [img] [img] The USB after final setup and verification seems blank I do not know why. [img] I have following...
  6. can not create a recovery usb

can not create a recovery usb: I have seen reams of problems with this issue - but is there a definitive answer [4 years on!]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-recovery-usb/2578b815-76c3-4d30-add3-2672a724d228
  7. Creating a USB Recovery Drive

Creating a USB Recovery Drive: Hi I have a question about creating a USB Recovery Drive on a memory stick with Recovery Drive Desktop App in Windows 10. I've read online that a recovery drive should be remade following Windows Updates, and about once a month in order to retain your Windows settings....
  8. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?: Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was required for my pc notebook at the time of create recovery drive! otherwise it would always respond 'unable to create recovery...
  9. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...
  10. Cannot Create Recovery USB

Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...