Windows 10: How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

Discus and support How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 23, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

WinClub, Aug 23, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

If laptop is so old that it came with Windows 7, a firmware update is highly unlikely. Updating bios has nothing to do with secure boot anyway.

cereberus, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

The laptop I have is still with the Windows 7 logo sticker on it and now I am running Windows 10 on it.
    So, as I now recall, I had to change the BIOS settings to use only UEFI and then now I have enabled Secure Boot.

So what do you suggest in case I need a firmware update?
    Should I disable Secure Boot before doing the firmware updates?

win10freak, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

bios help

Hi,

UEFI boot is the boot process used by UEFI firmware. The firmware maintains a list of valid boot volumes called EFI Service Partitions while
    Legacy BIOS is the boot process used by BIOS firmware. This can help improve compatibility with older operating systems that weren’t designed with UEFI in mind.

UEFI and Legacy have the same function, the only difference is that UEFI boot process is faster and frequently use nowadays.

For more information, please refer to the articles below:

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Paola Gar, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware - Similar Threads - boot UEFI BIOS

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  5. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  6. Unable to boot into BIOS through conventional methods or through UEFI firmware settings....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot into BIOS through conventional methods or through UEFI firmware settings....: Win10 - Unable to access BIOS through normal methods and UEFI firmware settings, unable to boot without drive to force it, help? I've had the unable to get into the BIOS problem for a long time, but it hasn't been an issue until recently, when my HDD is taking a shit and...
  7. Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing: hello everyone, am in a tough spot right now. I converted my disk to gpt from mbt and I was supposed to access my bios to change from legacy to uefi. The problem is my bios key f2 for my Samsung laptop isn't entering bios and the booting keeps going into a loop state. I...
  8. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  9. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  10. Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10: How to: Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 How to Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 Your PC's motherboard will either have a BIOS or UEFI firmware chip. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware interface between a PC's hardware...