Windows 10: How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

Discus and support How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. 1) I find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MDRI, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MDRI Win User

How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

==========================================

Thanks for replies to my postings.

1)
    I find my built-in DVD/CD drive was not responding . I did not see this drive in window explorer within drives node.

It showed in device manager, it disappeared after I disabled it.

I tried many suggestions showed up by google search. NO LUCK. I am not able to get my DVD/CD drive entry in device manager or explorer . *Confused

How do I bring my DVD/CD drive entry back , to make my built-in DVD/CD drive respond?

2) I have an external disk drive. It was used in mac earlier.

When I connect this drive via USB. It shows up in computer Management==> Device Manager

as separate partition/separate disk. When I right click, all items were grayed out. It is not allowing to format or build partition.

How do I make this external disk work in my Win 10 ? *Rolleyes

Thanks for your guidance.

:)

2. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? [​IMG]

putermaker, Sep 15, 2019
  3. AdenOsman Win User
    Bluetooth not listed in device manager

IIhave installed win 10 from cd on a new PC. Unfortunately Blue Tooth does not appear in The Device manager. It does not appear as a choice in the legacy list either.
    I have been searching endlessly for a solution, typical answers are update drivers in Device manager, impossible if it is not listed.

what is my next step?

AdenOsman, Sep 15, 2019
  4. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

Bluetooth not listed in device manager

I have installed win 10 from cd on a new PC. Unfortunately Blue Tooth does not appear in The Device manager. It does not appear as a choice in the legacy list either.

I have been searching endlessly for a solution, typical answers are update drivers in Device manager, impossible if it is not listed.

what is my next step?

TerenceBelton, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? - Similar Threads - bring items Device

2. How can I bring the power management tab back to the device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I bring the power management tab back to the device manager?: I have tried to use the registry editors program, but it didn't work, I even tried to restart my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bring-the-power-management-tab-back-to/6ed2488a-1253-4319-bf75-d24e3626c39c
  3. How to enable hidden items in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable hidden items in device manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nicos_revenge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lidpvf/how_to_enable_hidden_items_in_device_manager/
  4. Problem Item in Device Manager

Problem Item in Device Manager: Can anyone help me identify the device that's causing this? It a brand new Dell XPS 8940 desktop. I've tried uninstalling the item but it keeps coming back. The PC is fully updated and there are no drive updated missing. [img] [img] [img] 172433
  5. How to bring back Win 10 menu bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to bring back Win 10 menu bar: All of a sudden my WIN 10 menu bar file edit view etc disappeared and so did my bookmark bars. How do I bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-win-10-menu-bar/088373d2-b8fe-4cf3-b86b-78fdd53b4a3c
  6. Duplicated items in device manager

Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  7. Duplicated items in device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  8. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?: How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. 1) I find my built-in DVD/CD drive was not responding . I did not see this drive in window explorer within drives node. It showed in device...
  9. BRING BACK Picture Manager!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BRING BACK Picture Manager!: Sometimes newer isn't always better or improved! NONE of the current photo alternatives are as good... or as efficient... at being able to efficiently accomplish simple tasks as the old picture manager. For example: rename photos in batch while viewing them, and simple...
  10. How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10: Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10. [img] From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer....