Windows 10: How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

Discus and support How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was able to eliminate the spacing between live tiles thanks to your fix, but would still like to get rid of the category headings on the left side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave44, Jan 23, 2015.

1. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

I was able to eliminate the spacing between live tiles thanks to your fix, but would still like to get rid of the category headings on the left side for Pinned and Most Used which waste list space. These category labels are more for a Start Screen, not so much for a Start Menu. But they seem to be planning a convertible Start Menu that explodes onto a Start Screen using the Omni-Arrow. There needs to be customizations for Desktop users to be able to avoid this.

gregrocker, Jan 25, 2015

2. OK now I understand what you are talking about greg. I am left with what is in the left image below after selecting the taskbar properties on the right.

Also the "All Apps" menu is alphabetized wasting space.

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu [​IMG]

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu [​IMG]

IownAmoneyPit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

1. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu - Similar Threads - bring old resizable

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  5. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  6. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it?...
  7. Please bring back full screen start menu

Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  8. How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu: Dear all,I understand that the latest major Windows 10 update removed the Bing web search from the Start Menu. Is there any way to bring it back?I'm aware there has been a lot of complaints about this feature and that's most likely why Microsoft removed it, but personally, I...
  9. How to get old start menu colour back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old start menu colour back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Nexus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juc2i8/how_to_get_old_start_menu_colour_back/
  10. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160