Windows 10: How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

Discus and support How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mobdic, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Mobdic Win User

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous activated device. So where is my digital license and how to bring it back?

:)

Mobdic, Oct 12, 2021
  2. guniu Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Oct 12, 2021
  4. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

1. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account - Similar Threads - bring digital license

2. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account: I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous...
  3. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account: I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous...
  4. How to unlink my microsoft account on another device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlink my microsoft account on another device?: My microsoft account is apparently logged in to my friend's laptop who is in another country and it syncs the theme, background, and my icon. I don't know what other settings it syncs but would it be possible to have this unlinked? I've tried removing the her laptop in my...
  5. Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking my Windows 10 activation from my account.: Hello. I have windows activated and linked to my account. Is there any possible way to unlink it from my account or linking it to perhaps another Microsoft account?...
  6. unlink license from account

unlink license from account: is there a way to unlink my windows license from my microsoft account? don't ask why, it's a bit complicated to explain right now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-license-from-account/4aca470f-4fa7-479a-a9e8-d4def4743847
  7. windows 10 digital license on my windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 digital license on my windows account: Hello guys, a quick question. I have already linked my windows 10 digital license on my windows account, If i want to "format" the driver who i have the official Windows 10 pro i need the key again? or i can just log in with my account and that's it!? submitted by...
  8. Windows license status after unlink device

Windows license status after unlink device: So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account and reset the device, can the new owner use it like it’s a brand new laptop? My nephew already have another Windows linked to...
  9. Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?

Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?: How can I find my Windows 10 licenses on my digital account? I would like to know which version (home/pro/OEM/retail) as well. I have multiple computers running different licenses and when something fails or I replace a computer with a new one I need to know what to install....
  10. How Many Digital License in My Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many Digital License in My Account: I want to check how many digital license is attached to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-digital-license-in-my-account/0b99005d-871a-44a5-a808-845ff1357227