Windows 10: How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

Discus and support How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mobdic, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Mobdic Win User

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous activated device. So where is my digital license and how to bring it back?

:)

Mobdic, Oct 12, 2021
  2. guniu Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Oct 12, 2021
  4. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

1. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account - Similar Threads - bring digital license

2. How to unlink Microsoft digital license from hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink Microsoft digital license from hardware?: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,I've a question in relation to Microsoft digital license.I'm reselling my private Notebook and I see that it has a digital Windows license linked.Yesterday, I've completely shredded all data on both the HDDs with booting from USB to "ShredOS"Today...
  3. How to unlink Microsoft digital license from hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink Microsoft digital license from hardware?: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,I've a question in relation to Microsoft digital license.I'm reselling my private Notebook and I see that it has a digital Windows license linked.Yesterday, I've completely shredded all data on both the HDDs with booting from USB to "ShredOS"Today...
  4. How to unlink Microsoft digital license from hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. how can i unlink my microsoft account from a volume digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlink my microsoft account from a volume digital license?: I recently bought a key from a friend and unfortunately it turns out that I activated a windows volume key which must be a scam. Except that by deactivating it windows tells me that it is still activated via a digital license. So I guess the volume license is linked to my...
  6. how can i unlink my microsoft account from a volume digital license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i unlink my microsoft account from a volume digital license?: I recently bought a key from a friend and unfortunately it turns out that I activated a windows volume key which must be a scam. Except that by deactivating it windows tells me that it is still activated via a digital license. So I guess the volume license is linked to my...
  7. Cant Reactivate Windows 11 Pro Digital License After Unlinking Device from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Reactivate Windows 11 Pro Digital License After Unlinking Device from Microsoft Account: Hello,I currently run Windows 11 Pro on a digital license. Initially I bought an Acer PC with Windows 7 Pro CD Key on sticker in 2010. OS was upgraded for free to Windows 8 Pro and then Windows 10 Pro and finally to Windows 11 Pro.Recently, my motherboard died and I replaced...
  8. Cant Reactivate Windows 11 Pro Digital License After Unlinking Device from Microsoft Account

Cant Reactivate Windows 11 Pro Digital License After Unlinking Device from Microsoft Account: Hello,I currently run Windows 11 Pro on a digital license. Initially I bought an Acer PC with Windows 7 Pro CD Key on sticker in 2010. OS was upgraded for free to Windows 8 Pro and then Windows 10 Pro and finally to Windows 11 Pro.Recently, my motherboard died and I replaced...
  9. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account: I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous...
  10. How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to bring back the windows 10 digital license after unlink the device from my account: I bought a digital license of windows 10 in the windows store, and activated a windows 10 with it in the virtualbox. I unlinked the device from my account. When I got a new laptop and wanted to reactivate windows, it failed because the activation service can't find a previous...