Windows 10: How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

Discus and support How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has only one audio jack. I need it to work as an input line in, Currently it works as an output. When I plugged audio into the jack,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Héctor LeopoldoEsquer, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

My computer has only one audio jack. I need it to work as an input line in, Currently it works as an output. When I plugged audio into the jack, Windows used to ask me whether the jack should work as an input or an output. Now I can´t change that setting. How do I bring back the window that allows me to change the jack´s input/output choice?

:)

Héctor LeopoldoEsquer, Jul 29, 2020

2. Audio input

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 running Windows 10. Can the headphone jack be used to input as well as output audio? If so, how? Maybe there's a driver for that? If not, how can I line-input audio?

Denman Maroney, Jul 29, 2020
  3. badrobot Win User
    Switch Audio Inputs ?

Try playing around with disabling/enabling Recording devices under Sound Properties.

How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window? [​IMG]

badrobot, Jul 29, 2020
  4. DFXS Win User

How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

Headphone jack not recognized as output device

Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Headphones don't show up under output devices and the Realtek software
    only gives me two choices of devices to choose from, Mic or Line in. It seems as if somewhere, Windows 10 or Realtek forgot the jack was input/output. Have uninstalled and reinstalled device software. Anybody have any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad 510

Realtek HD Audio driver (automatically installed).

Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.348 (last updated 3/1/19)

Thema:

How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

1. How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window? - Similar Threads - bring audio jack´s

2. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  3. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  4. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  6. Using the output jack as a mono input

Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  7. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  8. Audio Jack input/output setting

Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  9. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices: I had headphones for a very long time and set the preference to Headphones but when I tried to swap it out for Headset it didn't pop up. I couldn't use the microphone for my headset and I am getting very annoyed about this. I've seen other answers to these questions but mine...