Windows 10: how to bring window up to full screen

Discus and support how to bring window up to full screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone tell me how to bring a page to full page while using Edge in Windows 10? Thanks and regards, 22887 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 2harts4ever, Sep 16, 2015.

1. how to bring window up to full screen

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to bring a page to full page while using Edge in Windows 10?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Sep 16, 2015

2. How to bring pop-up window to the front; Windows 10

Perfect answer I was getting really peeved as it is happening on a Surface that MS sent out a few weeks ago with preinstalled 10, and my upgraded laptop. The laptop never used to have this problem.

10/10 for your answer.

MyNameSpace, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Doss12 Win User
    How to bring pop-up window to the front; Windows 10

Found the cause of the problem in the "Ease Of Access Center" settings, "Make the mouse easier to use". The box "Activate a window by hovering over it with mouse" was checked. Unchecking the box solved the problem. Images for reference.

how to bring window up to full screen [​IMG]

how to bring window up to full screen [​IMG]

Doss12, Sep 16, 2015
  4. how to bring window up to full screen

Do you mean maximizing the window? The square to the left of the X, in the top right corner. Or double-click the top-most bar to the right of the tabs and the + sign.

DustSailor, Sep 16, 2015
  5. Hi DustSailor,

No ... I mean if I wanted to have whatever page I was looking at take up the whole screen. In other words I wouldn't be able to see the Tab Bar, Address Bar, etc.

Hope I am making it clear enough. In Win 8.1 the 'Full Screen' feature was located in the 'View' option at the top left of the window where they used to have File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools and Help.

Thanks and regards,

6. Don't think it is possible. Only heard about something like that for Mozilla, do others have it as well?

DustSailor, Sep 16, 2015
  7. Hi DustSailor,

Don't know if anyone else has it on Win 10 or not. I have searched every Win 10 site I can find and haven't found anything. I used it all the time in Win 8.1.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

8. how to bring window up to full screen

No I mean do other browsers have fullscreen as well? It may be that IE has it (it seems firefox has it), which IE is still included in Win 10 even though you are using the Edge browser at the moment.

DustSailor, Sep 16, 2015
  9. DustSailor,

I don't have an Internet Explorer Browser on this Dell Laptop ... it only came with Win 10 (lucky me ...lol). Maybe Win 10 is just too much for my 73-year-old brain housing assembly ...lol

Thanks for your time. If you come up with anything feel free to come back on.

Thanks and regards,

10. WhyMe Win User
    Every other browser I've used has had full-screen mode (usually with F11 as the shortcut key). I hadn't even noticed it was missing on Edge....

Well MS have said Edge is a work in progress and they're meant to be making improvements to it via Windows update in November if memory serves me right. Maybe it'll be on Edge soon.

WhyMe, Sep 16, 2015
  11. just press the keyboard windows key, and then start typing internet explorer. You should see it, and be able to click and use it. Though I am not sure if you can use full screen with it or not o_0

Sorry I wasn't more help

DustSailor, Sep 16, 2015
  12. Hi WhyMe and DustSailor,

I hope you don't mind if I answer both your responses in the same post but my tired old brain is about to shut down for the night.

WhyMe: Hopefully they do add some of the tools that came with Win 8.1 to make it more user friendly for old folks like myself ...lol I'll look forward to future updates. My wife is ready to stick this new laptop with Win 10 up my (if you get my drift) ...lol

DustSailor: Right after I posted about not having IE on my computer I clicked on those three dots (...) up in the far right and discovered I did have a link where I could use IE 11 (some of it anyway). But I don't want to do that because I am confused enough. Going back and forth would really kick my butt ...lol

Thanks and regards to you both, *Biggrin

13. WhyMe Win User

how to bring window up to full screen

@2harts4ever

A suggestion if you really want full-screen function

• Right click on the Edge icon on your taskbar
    • Click on the option to 'unpin from taskbar'
    • Go to Start menu►Windows accessories►Internet Explorer and right click 'pin to taskbar'
    • Go to Settings►System►Default Apps►Web Browser
    • Change the default browser from Edge to Internet Explorer

WhyMe, Sep 16, 2015
  14. Hi again WhyMe,

I appreciate your suggestion. However, since Windows 10 is supposed to be Microsoft's Browser of the future I guess I had better learn it. But I am still hoping Microsoft will bring back some of the tools they didn't think many of us used.

Thanks and regards,

15. Berton Win User
    I think you meant Microsoft's Edge being the Browser on Windows.

As for the screen part, there's a difference between Maximized and Full Screen.

On my Win10, checking my Edge shows it can be Maximized but the F11 key function useful for toggling Full Screen on or off doesn't work on Edge like it still does with Internet Explorer, Firefox and SeaMonkey browsers.

Berton, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

how to bring window up to full screen

1. how to bring window up to full screen - Similar Threads - bring window full

2. Bringing the full screen start menu in Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bringing the full screen start menu in Windows 10 to Windows 11: Hello, since I started using Windows 11, I have been trying to bring the Windows 10 full screen start menu to Windows 11, but I could not find it and decided to ask here....
  3. Bringing the full screen start menu in Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bringing the full screen start menu in Windows 10 to Windows 11: Hello, since I started using Windows 11, I have been trying to bring the Windows 10 full screen start menu to Windows 11, but I could not find it and decided to ask here....
  4. Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen: Since Windows 11 - sometimes an app will open to full screen when clicked from taskbar and sometimes they won't. Adobe programs almost never open. What's up?...
  5. Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen

Taskbar - Clicking Icons no longer brings them to full screen: Since Windows 11 - sometimes an app will open to full screen when clicked from taskbar and sometimes they won't. Adobe programs almost never open. What's up?...
  6. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  7. Please bring back full screen start menu

Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  8. How do you bring up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you bring up: How do you bring up the way to connect the network interface card to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-bring-up/c9f26731-685f-4b81-a4a4-e83b95167791
  9. Full screen pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full screen pop ups: I am getting full screen pop ups when I go to CNN. Smart screen detected only one with a warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-pop-ups/8ef59332-d319-4726-a1af-67b105c942be"
  10. Starting Edge brings up screen warning

in Browsers and Email
    Starting Edge brings up screen warning: When I start edge, (Using the new 10240 release) I get a warning screen that says: WARNING: ACDnet Customer - Your PC may have critical security vulnerabilities, Call 8880491-6283 now for IMMEDIATE assistance. There is an OK box on the screen. Clicking on OK takes away the...