Windows 10: How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI

Discus and support How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI but am having no luck. I am trying to build a 4GB USB with the following bootable applications: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ggabu2019, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ggabu2019 Win User

How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI

I am trying to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI but am having no luck. I am trying to build a 4GB USB with the following bootable applications:
    - Acronis Boot Media 2017
    - Clonezilla 2.6.3.7
    - GParted 1.0.0.5
    - Samsung SSD Eraser

I have tried using YUMI 2.0.6.9 and XBoot 1.0.14. However, when I create a complete USB with all the aforementioned applications, the USB is not seen as a bootable device under UEFI.

I can successfully build a bootable USB for either Acronis Boot Media 2017 or Samsung SSD Eraser on their own (not together), but this obviously does not solve the problem of needing all 4 applications. Also, the USB is bootable if I switch from UEFI to legacy BIOS, but again, this does not solve the problem, because I installed Windows 10 under UEFI so want to have access to the same environment.

There must be a solution to this as I am sure many people have succeeded in doing this, but I just cannot figure it out and see what I am doing wrong.

I would really appreciate any help on this, and if someone who has succeeded in doing this, can give me a step-by-step guide that would be great; although I have already read many tutorials on this without success.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 10.0.19008.1000 (Yes, I am enrolled on the Windows Insider Programme)

:)

ggabu2019, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Oct 30, 2019
  4. snayob Win User

Multi-boot 3 OS Grub recovery/configuration

If you are not afraid of using command line I would suggest using it, also the steps for graphical "Boot-Repair" are given:

How to reinstall GRUB using Ubuntu live CD/USB - official docs

When booting Ubuntu USB or CD/DVD select UEFI boot, like "USB UEFI" for example.

snayob, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI - Similar Threads - build multi boot

2. Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC: Hello,I am trying to get a fresh install of windows on a new SSD for my friends crappy Dell PC that had only an HDD.Initially I could only get it to boot from my new USB installation media while in Legacy mode, and went through a full install and it works fine in Legacy. I...
  3. Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC: Hello,I am trying to get a fresh install of windows on a new SSD for my friends crappy Dell PC that had only an HDD.Initially I could only get it to boot from my new USB installation media while in Legacy mode, and went through a full install and it works fine in Legacy. I...
  4. Windows UEFI USB boot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows UEFI USB boot not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SkyyTheGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k67yly/windows_uefi_usb_boot_not_working/
  5. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  6. Dell UEFI USB Boot

Dell UEFI USB Boot: Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due...
  7. How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI

How to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI: I am trying to build a multi-boot USB under UEFI but am having no luck. I am trying to build a 4GB USB with the following bootable applications: - Acronis Boot Media 2017 - Clonezilla 2.6.3.7 - GParted 1.0.0.5 - Samsung SSD Eraser I have tried using YUMI 2.0.6.9 and XBoot...
  8. How to create Multi bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Multi bootable USB: I want Win 7, Win 10, Macrium Rescue and one more in one USB. I tried program WinsetupfromUSB but could not run Macrium. Can someone tell how to proceed or is there any other program which could do it. I think, I selected wrong box while adding Macrium. Can someone tell...
  9. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  10. Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063: Windows was upgraded to this build & now the 5 card reader isn't being recognized 99% of the time. It worked perfectly OK under the previous build 1702. Have done a clean installation from scratch with no improvement. Any ideas appreciated as I've not been able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi multiboot usb