Windows 10: How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

Discus and support How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Peterjc2007, Jun 13, 2022.

1. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build systemI have installed VS 2022 build tools C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin, and am trying to build the .waproj file using the full path to msbuild to make sure I get the correct version, eg```"C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\msbuild" "TestAppWinUI Package.wapproj" /p:UapAppxPackageBuildMode=SideLoadOnly /p:AppxBundle=Never /p:AppxPackage

:)

Peterjc2007, Jun 13, 2022

2. How to automate Visual Studio project building with powershell script

I'm automating the setup process of a project I'm working on and I'd like to add building of a submodule project to it.
    I'm using a batch file that can be double cliked and runs a PowerShell script, so that's where I would like to call MSBuild. Specifically I'd like to build the ALL_BUILD project in the solution for Debug configuration and x64 platform of a C++ project. The .sln and .vcxproj files are in $(ProjectDir)vendor\submodule_name\build.

I'm really just starting with PowerShell, so if someone could help me out how to this, that'd be great. When I open the Developer Command Prompt for VS 2019, the path seems to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community>.

PowerShell version is 5.1.17763.771.

When I open the Developer Command Prompt for VS 2019, I get
    Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.3.1+1def00d3d for .NET Framework, which suggests me that it might be for .NET projects only. If that is true, what other options do I have?

Barnabas Makkay, Jun 13, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Jun 13, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

1. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools - Similar Threads - build waproj MSIX

2. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools: I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build systemI have installed VS 2022 build tools C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin,...
  3. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools: I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build systemI have installed VS 2022 build tools C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin,...
  4. MSIX Packaging Tools

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSIX Packaging Tools: I need help I have used code signing certificate generated by my local CA and i am getting this error: This application package is not signed with a trusted certificate. Contact your system administrator or application developer to obtain a new certificate or application...
  5. How to import and build a maven project into mscode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import and build a maven project into mscode: [ATTACH] I hope I am in the right forum. I have searched and could not find a forum for mscode. I am trying to download the source from alg4 github site and run one of the files called BinarySearch. It seems to be a Maven project, and I have read the relevant...
  6. AI news from #MSBuild Microsoft Build 2018 developers conference

in Windows 10 News
    AI news from #MSBuild Microsoft Build 2018 developers conference: At Microsoft’s Build developers conference in Seattle this week, the company is unveiling a series of new and updated tools that will help developers incorporate artificial intelligence into their processes and applications, regardless of their background and training in the...
  7. #MSBuild - Microsoft 365 empowers developers to build intelligent apps

in Windows 10 News
    #MSBuild - Microsoft 365 empowers developers to build intelligent apps: Today, at our annual Build conference, Satya Nadella and Scott Guthrie talked about the vision and strategy of rationalizing Microsoft’s platform into an intelligent cloud and intelligent edge, enlightened by AI and mixed reality and architected for the modern computing...
  8. #MSBuild 2018: Empowering dev. to build intelligent apps Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    #MSBuild 2018: Empowering dev. to build intelligent apps Microsoft 365: CVP of Windows, Joe Belfiore details to the developer community the new and unique opportunities with Microsoft 365 in today’s multi-sense, multi-device world. Ahead of his keynote tomorrow, CVP of Windows, Joe Belfiore on the Microsoft 365 Blog shared new details around how...
  9. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  10. Project AIX: Using Minecraft to build more intelligent technology

in Windows 10 News
    Project AIX: Using Minecraft to build more intelligent technology: In the airy, loft-like Microsoft Research lab in New York City, five computer scientists are spending their days trying to get a Minecraft character to climb a hill. That may seem like a pretty simple job for some of the brightest minds in the field, until you consider...