Windows 10: How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI?

Discus and support How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been googling around but still I can't find a way to burn an ISO into a disc as UEFI. I know I can just simply use Rufus to create a UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Freecs, May 23, 2016.

1. Freecs Win User

How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI?

I've been googling around but still I can't find a way to burn an ISO into a disc as UEFI.

I know I can just simply use Rufus to create a UEFI bootable ISO but I would also like to learn how to burn it into a blank DVD disk as UEFI compatible.

Thanks!

:)

Freecs, May 23, 2016
  2. Corius Win User

whatever dvd burning software is used, windows 10 just freezes

Hello,

I'm trying to burn an ISO file on a DVD, I tried using various win10 compliant burning softwares, and each times windows 10 end up freezed. It's not a blue screen, it's a freezing problem : the screen displays my window / software / mouse cursor / desktop
    /... but nothing happens. ctrl+alt+del is useless (keyboard and mouse are useless). So, how can I burn a CD/DVD ?

Corius, May 23, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    How to burn an ISO file on DVD?

Download the ISO image to a folder on your computer.

Open the folder where you have saved the ISO file.

Right click on the .iso file.

From the menu select Burn disc image.

The Windows Disc Image Burn will open.

Select the Disc burner.

Click on Burn.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-burn-an-iso-ima...

Time Lady, May 23, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

The windows 10 ISO supports booting both UEFI and Legacy Mode..
    Mount the ISO and Copy the contents of the ISO to your DVD Burner (a USB Stick is the preferred method of choice)
    Then use the F12 BootMenu to select the UEFI DVD Device as the Bootable device

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Or if you have DVD burning software that supports ISO files as a source, such as IMGBURN, just pick the ISO file as the source and let the software burn the DVD from it.

NavyLCDR, May 23, 2016
  6. The file system on a disc is UDF - so there are no special UEFI considerations for putting the ISO on a DVD.

The issue with a USB is that it can be formatted with any file system - for a UEFI install, a USB must be formatted FAT32.

You also don't need any special burning software - the built-in Burn utility (Win8, Win10) works just fine.

After downloading the ISO, right click the file and select burn disc image
    Pick the DVD drive and press burn

Slartybart, May 23, 2016
  7. Freecs Win User
    That's exactly what I did. The problem is, the machine I'm formatting only reads UEFI supported OS.

Sure I can just set the boot option to Legacy support but I can't create a partition because the machine uses a GPT partition.

Freecs, May 26, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 26, 2016
  9. Freecs Win User
    So, by following this step I can then create a UEFI supported OS? Also, is there a way to do this in Windows 7?

Freecs, May 26, 2016
  10. Freecs Win User
    Freecs, May 26, 2016
  11. Freecs Win User
    Could you elaborate more on this instruction?

Freecs, May 26, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    A DVD burned from the ISO file is UEFI compatible - it will both boot in UEFI mode and capable of installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode. No bootable USB flash drive is required.

NavyLCDR, May 26, 2016
  13. Kyhi Win User

Your finished DVD / USB should have a

BOOTMGR.EFI file and an EFI Folder

those are the UEFI Boot Files that allow the media to boot the PC in UEFI mode......
    If using a USB stick - it must be formatted in FAT32 to be UEFI compatible..

14. Yes

You need disc burning software as Navy mentioned
    Imgburn direct download http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
    remove the checkmark form an ancillary software offered (google, ask, yahoo etc)
    Guides:
    Functions: The ImgBurn Functions - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum
    Settings: The ImgBurn Settings - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum

There's really not much to figure out. Install the burn software, point to the ISO, select yopur Opticla device, burn
    The data in the ISO determines how Windows gets installed, not how it is burned.
    As long as the burn is good, so should be the install media.

You can easily test that by booting the newly burned disc - if it boots, it is in all likelyhood good to use on Legacy OR UEFI systems of the same bit depth (x86 / 32-bit ... x64 / 64-bit)

Slartybart, May 26, 2016
  15. Saltgrass Win User
    The question I would ask is, when you boot and use the Boot Device Menu, is there a UEFI version of the DVD you can select?

Most of the comments in this thread are correct. If you select the .iso and the burn the image to the DVD the DVD is capable of booting to either the Legacy or UEFI versions. The bios must be set to allow UEFI boot or UEFI and Legacy to see that option.

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI? - Similar Threads - Burn Win10 ISO

2. Problem Burning an ISO file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Burning an ISO file: I am running windows 10 1903. I recently downloaded an ISO file that I need to create a DVD from. In the past if I right click on the file I had the option to "Burn Disk Image" I am not seeing this option anymore and want to know how to create a disk from and ISO file....
  3. Burning ISO to DVD

Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  4. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  5. win10 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 iso: brand new to computers so when i was tryinng to make room for update i erased all and i mean all files on labtop...now unfortunately nothin works....i cant access settings i cant access nothing cant download from internet explorer have no user accounts...i keep coming across...
  6. burn ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    burn ISO: If I am not mistaken I used Windows 10 alone to download and burn the ISO for a spare disc. Please correct me if wrong. If I want to burn an ISO to a flash drive with Windows 10, do I need 3rd party software? lastly I was burning DVD s to flash drive by copy and paste....
  7. burning an ISO DVD

burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  8. Repair Install with burned ISO

Repair Install with burned ISO: Its a friend's machine that might benefit from a repair install. I have a cd with the techbench iso download burned via Imageburn software. I installed Win10 v2 with this cd successfully. The friend used the media center download routine to update to Win 10 2nd version...
  9. Burning ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning ISO: Hiya...I got this error when trying to burn to DVD...can anybody tell me why this many have happened please? TIA [img] 55317
  10. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?: I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine. But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd. Will I need a win10 dvd? Should I do this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what set of tool can you use when invild disk error ask yahoo

2. uefi iso burner

3. burn windows iso uefi

4. imgburn settings for uefi dvd,
  5. burn uefi,
  6. imgburn uefi,
  7. x64 uefi iso boot imgburn,
  8. img burn uefi,
  9. win10 iso to uefi,
  10. imgburn create mbr vs uefi boot image,
  11. uefi compatible iso mount,