Windows 10: How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM?

Discus and support How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Currently using VMware Workstation Pro 12 and I was wondering what are some way/s that I can configure so that the program I'm trying to run doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by dfg555, Aug 20, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM?

Currently using VMware Workstation Pro 12 and I was wondering what are some way/s that I can configure so that the program I'm trying to run doesn't think I'm running it under a VM?

:)

dfg555, Aug 20, 2017

2. How can I uninstall a program that isn't under C drive?

Even if you installed it on a different partition, it should still be listed in Programs and Feature.

Press Windows key + X

Click Programs and Features

Unless its a program that uses it own uninstaller.

Go to the particular program file folder under D:\ then look if there is a uninstaller.

Or launch the setup file for that particular program and it should offer an option to repair or uninstall the program.

You can also use revouninstaller as another option.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2017
  3. jncrqs Win User
    How can I uninstall a program that isn't under C drive?

I installed a program in my drive D but when the time came that I wish to uninstall the program, I realized that this was not listed in my control panel. How can I uninstall the program?

jncrqs, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

I don't know if this helps, but, maybe these settings can help:

A Look at Malware with Virtual Machine Detection - Malwarebytes Labs | Malwarebytes Labs

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    It depends how the program checks. I check the BaseBoard like this Code: $Manufacturer=Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_BaseBoard | ForEach-Object {$_.Manufacturer} if (($Manufacturer -eq "Microsoft Corporation") -or ($Manufacturer -eq "VMWARE") -or ($Manufacturer -eq "Oracle Corporation")) { $thisIsVirtualMachine=$true } Else { $thisIsVirtualMachine=$false }[/quote] I don't know if (or how) you could change that from VMWARE to something else. The program could also check for presence of VMWare drivers, certain strings in memory etc.

Depending how it checks you might be able hide the fact your system is a VM to but most likely detecting will win.

6. dfg555 Win User
    I don't know if (or how) you could change that from VMWARE to something else. The program could also check for presence of VMWare drivers, certain strings in memory etc.

Depending how it checks you might be able hide the fact your system is a VM to but most likely detecting will win.[/quote] Well I can try to run SMBCFG which edits the DMI Information for the baseboard/bios.

dfg555, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM? - Similar Threads - bypass program knows

2. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  3. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  4. Do programs running as services bypass Windows Firewall rules?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do programs running as services bypass Windows Firewall rules?: I had an FTP server running briefly as it auto-started after install (looking at you, FileZilla) with the highest possible privileges, NT-AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Obviously running a server with anything above limited user permissions isn't what you want. In theory, Windows...
  5. How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?: Typically, we use some set of simulation/diagnostic programs, which must keep running for some period of time without any interruption on a shared workstation. But we also need to keep separate user accounts for each participant due to security reasons - therefore, no shared...
  6. Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?: Hi, I've got a few questions: I'm currently using Windows 7 Pro on two separate PCs and with updates no longer being provided by Microsoft I'm considering installing Windows 10. My main concern is the software I have installed that will not run under Windows 10. I've got...
  7. Anyone know if I can bypass this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know if I can bypass this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/999xxxtentacion666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epad9v/anyone_know_if_i_can_bypass_this/
  8. Questions about wanting to run Win7 WMC in VM under Win10

Questions about wanting to run Win7 WMC in VM under Win10: I currently have two Win7 desktop machines, both of which are Windows Media Center (WMC) enabled. They both have Ceton InfiniTV TV-tuner cards (which are cablecard-enabled for receiving copy-protected content from my cable company) and Hauppauge OTA/ATSC TV-tuner cards (for...
  9. Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs

Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs: Hi there Sometimes you might like to have a desktop icon (like Windows) for running an application instead of a generic one. For example - This works on a KDE desktop but similar for GNOME etc - say you want to run an application you've downloaded from the net --I'll...
  10. Office programs won't run under 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office programs won't run under 10: I am running a dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 being default and Windows 10 Pro x64 as secondary. I have been running 7 for a couple of years and recently added 10. Maybe I'm not doing something I was supposed to but when I'm in 10 and try to run MS Office 2010, I get...