Windows 10: How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10!

Discus and support How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I have been seeing a lot of people with the same problem as me but I figured it out. First and foremost you want to do these things: Go to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Febrezerr, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Febrezerr Win User

How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10!

So I have been seeing a lot of people with the same problem as me but I figured it out.

First and foremost you want to do these things:

Go to settings windows key then press the gear icon

Proceed to accounts

Sign-in options

Click on Windows Hello Pin

Enter your current pin

Then make a new pin or use the same one

After you have completed this then restart your computer and type in the pin.

It should automatically log you in without you pressing enter!

Let me know if this works for you as it did for me!

Sincerely, Scott

:)

Febrezerr, Apr 27, 2020
  2. DaveToms Win User

Broken security by bypassing lock screen on restart

Question:

Why does Windows bypass the lock screen when it restarts after a Windows update? I consider this a security design flaw. If a maintenance crew came by my home while I'm at work to do some home renovation upgrades but they left the
    front door unlocked when they finished, when I got home I'd wonder what on Earth they were thinking. I hope I've just missed a setting somewhere to disable this.

Three things I accept:

1. Locking my computer to protect my privacy.

2. Windows restarting after an update.

3. Windows automatically updating, which is frustrating but acceptable.

But I don't accept Windows bypassing the lock screen after an update.

Precondition:

Windows 10 is set up to require a password at sign in, both on startup and on the lock screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Lock the computer.

Step 2: Leave the room.

Step 3: Wait for Windows to perform an automatic system update.

Step 4: Windows restarts automatically.

Problem 1: Windows bypasses the lock screen, instead signing in and showing the desktop.

Problem 2: Come home and book a doctor's appointment to deal with the stress of seeing my computer unlocked.

It's my first post in the community so suggestions about posting etiquette are welcome.

DaveToms, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2020
  4. How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10!

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10!

1. How to bypass pressing enter on lock screen Windows 10! - Similar Threads - bypass pressing enter

2. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Security issue / Bug - Pressing enter key wrongfully unlocks Windows 10 on lock screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security issue / Bug - Pressing enter key wrongfully unlocks Windows 10 on lock screen...: Hello, I have tried so many keyword combination to find anything about this on Google and I always get suggestions on how to unlock my computer without using a password, which is exactly what I DON'T want lol... I remember posting a post several months ago on some Windows...
  4. How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?: 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 On my older PC I followed instructions which were given on this forum, but I have forgotten them. Can someone help please? 151623
  5. How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I bypass the login and lock screen palaver?: 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 On my older PC I followed instructions which were given on this forum, but I have forgotten them. Can someone help please? 151623
  6. Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen: Win 10 gpedit "Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization" does not show Personalization. I want to bypass / eliminate lock screen. Have tried entry in Register, doesn't consistently work....
  7. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"
  8. Bypass lock screen after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...
  9. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter: I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering...
  10. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen bypassed on its own?: Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please? Thanks, Troy. 20680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to screen lock windows 10