Windows 10: How to calibrate laptop battery

Discus and support How to calibrate laptop battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 20BT and I want to calibrate laptop battery! I also want to know after how many months its require to calibrate it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jk22, Nov 7, 2018.

1. jk22 Win User

How to calibrate laptop battery

Hey guys,

I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 20BT and I want to calibrate laptop battery! I also want to know after how many months its require to calibrate it.

Regards.

:)

jk22, Nov 7, 2018

2. Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Did quick search and found a few hits.

One HP forum suggested calibrating battery. This procedure may not be the one for your laptop so you could research the steps for your device. HP forums would likely be the best place as it is specific to HP. That said huge amount of knowledge and equipment on this forum. Maybe a new thread with the known issue could bring in answers.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 7, 2018
  3. shotta287 Win User
    Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

Hi all,
    Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue back in 2010 with my old device. I've had my current laptop for about 2 and a half years. I ran a battery report which came up with the following information:
    • Cycle count: 489
    • Design capacity: 48840
    • Last full charge: 38373
    So its obvious my battery isn't at full capacity as expected. However, could this be the cause of it randomly losing power? I'm thinking more of a calibration issue. Any ideas on how to calibrate?

Many thanks in advance!

shotta287, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Another thing you could usefully look at is Device Manager. You should find 'ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' under Batteries. Try uninstalling it then let Windows scan for new hardware and reinstall it.

How to calibrate laptop battery [​IMG]

Bree, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to calibrate laptop battery - Similar Threads - calibrate laptop battery

2. Battery Calibration doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Calibration doesn’t work…: Hey! I am an owner of a Windows 10, and it keeps showing The False Low Battery indicator. I have tried to calibrate it on several occasions, and it doesn’t work. I’m I doing it wrong?...
  3. Battery Calibration doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Calibration doesn’t work…: Hey! I am an owner of a Windows 10, and it keeps showing The False Low Battery indicator. I have tried to calibrate it on several occasions, and it doesn’t work. I’m I doing it wrong?...
  4. wrong battery percentage even after calibrating battery on lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wrong battery percentage even after calibrating battery on lenovo laptop.: The battery estimated timing is fluctuating on my lenovo ideapad slim 3 ryzen 5 laptop. I even calibrated my battery but still the fluctuation didnt stop.After this,i reinstalled the battery driver and then restarted my laptop. Still,i cant resolve this issue. Even my windows...
  5. battery calibration

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery calibration: I am new to this forum and for some reason I cant post my question in the HP forums, I am using a HP 15s-eq1xxx computer and there is a message in the support assistant saying my battery needs to be calibrated, what is this and how is it done. 179439
  6. BATTERY CALIBRATION OR DEFECTIVE BATTERY

BATTERY CALIBRATION OR DEFECTIVE BATTERY: I have a laptop that is 4 months now. when on battery it shuts down at 50% . switching it on the battery percentage is zero but you can still use the laptop for another 2 hours just like having 50% battery left but the indicator percentage is already zero....
  7. Requirements to calibrate new battery

Requirements to calibrate new battery: I have been having issues with a replacement battery with power cutting out after an hour of use unless it is constantly plugged in. This problem has persisted since last year with the original batter into the replacement- the current one....
  8. Battery Calibration?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Calibration?: Hey so my laptop is now saying I have to calibrate my battery. I do not know how to do this. Does it have to charge/discharge over night? How long should I keep it plugged in after it hits 100 and after it hits the point it turns off? Also do I have to turn off the battery...
  9. Battery Calibration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Calibration: I have a stupid question, but I was wondering if I was to calibrate my battery, and the outcome wasn't pleasant (like I need to replace my battery) would I still be able to use my laptop regardless of what the result be....
  10. calibrate battery win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    calibrate battery win 10: i click on calibrate battery now & leave on for 12 hours--but still get calibrate message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calibrate-battery-win-10/023d1f8c-3848-44cc-a847-7c8d19b7ff78