Windows 10: How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] HDR or High Dynamic Range is a technique used to create lifelike videos which have better dynamic range, especially when it comes to details.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

Hi tahmid alam fahim,

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10 (version 1803), the built-in display for your laptop, tablet, or 2-in-1 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific laptop or tablet, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

Here are the requirements:

• The built-in display needs to have a resolution of 1080p or more, and a recommended max brightness of 300 nits or more.
    • The Windows 10 device needs to have an integrated graphics card that supports PlayReady hardware digital rights management (for protected HDR content), and it must have the required codecs installed for 10-bit video decoding. (For example, devices that
      have a 7th Generation Intel Core processor, code-named Kaby Lake, support this.)

To check if your Windows 10 PC has the required hardware to display HDR, and to find out if your display supports HDR10, yo ucan follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo key + R, type
      dxdiag
      , and then select OK.
    • Select Yes at the prompt.
    • In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System
      tab, look in the System Information area.
    • To save the information to a file, select Save all
      information, and then name and save the text file.
    • Open the text file, and look at the value for HDR Support. If it says
      Supported, this indicates that your display supports HDR10.

Upon researching, I have checked that your device does not support HDR mode. You can check this

link
    for more information.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 8, 2018
  4. How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

display calibration error

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try these Methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to perform color calibration in Windows 10. Check if it helps.

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 drivers are not available in the computer manufacturer website,
    you may install the latest display drivers in compatibility mode.

To install the display driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest display driver for Windows 10 from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select Windows 8 from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

1. How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Calibrate display HDR

2. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  3. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  4. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find "Display calibration for HDR video"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find "Display calibration for HDR video": Hello,I'm trying to calibrate the HDR on my PC, but I can't seem to find the option "Display calibration for HDR video".I was following the instructions here:...
  6. Can't find "Display calibration for HDR video"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find "Display calibration for HDR video": Hello,I'm trying to calibrate the HDR on my PC, but I can't seem to find the option "Display calibration for HDR video".I was following the instructions here:...
  7. calibrate display

calibrate display: how do i calibrate my display on windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calibrate-display/1d5ac14f-0a91-4f1e-b3c4-8da6780ba9d4
  8. HDR videos crashing in SDR display

HDR videos crashing in SDR display: Just got a new monitor that has HDR. I turned on HDR in the settings so that I can watch the video in HDR when available. When I make a video full screen on the SDR screen the screen will look static. Like an old tube Tv with bad signal. Not sure what the workaround to fix...
  9. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR...
  10. Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10: How to: Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10 How to Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 version 1803 or later device has a built-in display able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10-bit video decoding

2. How to calibrate display for HDR video in Windows 10?

3. what happened to windows 10 hdr video calibration

4. calibrate hdr monitor,
  5. calibrate hdr monitor in windows 10,
  6. how to calibrate hdr in windows 10,
  7. windows 10 creator calibrate hdr,
  8. display requirements for hdr video in windows 10,
  9. display requirements for hdr video in windows 10 install,
  10. how to calibrate monitor windows 10 1803