Windows 10: how to cancel an update that can't be installed

Discus and support how to cancel an update that can't be installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i cancel this update, this update makes my laptop like a fighter jet that wants to fight, and surely the installation always fails, uses all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LII METEORAKHISYA, Oct 29, 2022.

1. how to cancel an update that can't be installed

how do i cancel this update, this update makes my laptop like a fighter jet that wants to fight, and surely the installation always fails, uses all the cpu and makes noise, and why microsoft doesn't make a "cancel update" button, or is there an alternative way to get the update installed correctly?

:)

LII METEORAKHISYA, Oct 29, 2022

2. Windows Installer popup on Windows 10 will not cancel

Hi Brian,

For us to isolate the issue with the Windows Installer pop-up that can't be cancelled, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When you say "It will not cancel", can you tell us what happens when you try canceling it?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In he meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. It will help us determine if there are any third-party
    programs/apps that is causing the issue. It could be some other applications or programs.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 29, 2022
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 29, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

how to cancel an update that can't be installed

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how to cancel an update that can't be installed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2022
Thema:

how to cancel an update that can't be installed

1. how to cancel an update that can't be installed - Similar Threads - cancel update can't

2. How to cancel updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel updates: I restarted my computer and now my computer is stuck in this infinite loop of restarting. Says 'Updates are underway', '35% finished' and '100% finished'. This has been happening for 5 hours and I have tried all alt+f10 options and I still cannot access windows 11...
  3. How to cancel updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to cancel updates: I restarted my computer and now my computer is stuck in this infinite loop of restarting. Says 'Updates are underway', '35% finished' and '100% finished'. This has been happening for 5 hours and I have tried all alt+f10 options and I still cannot access windows 11...
  4. how to cancel an update that can't be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to cancel an update that can't be installed: how do i cancel this update, this update makes my laptop like a fighter jet that wants to fight, and surely the installation always fails, uses all the cpu and makes noise, and why microsoft doesn't make a "cancel update" button, or is there an alternative way to get the...
  5. how to cancel an update that can't be installed

how to cancel an update that can't be installed: how do i cancel this update, this update makes my laptop like a fighter jet that wants to fight, and surely the installation always fails, uses all the cpu and makes noise, and why microsoft doesn't make a "cancel update" button, or is there an alternative way to get the...
  6. Windows Update Cancelled Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Cancelled Installation: I just sat and waiting 4 hours for software to install on my PC, and a windows update was forced. I live in the middle of nowhere, my internet speed does not exceed 4mbps. This stopped the installation, now I have to restart. Are you kidding me?Go figure my bandwidth has been...
  7. Windows Update Cancelled Installation

Windows Update Cancelled Installation: I just sat and waiting 4 hours for software to install on my PC, and a windows update was forced. I live in the middle of nowhere, my internet speed does not exceed 4mbps. This stopped the installation, now I have to restart. Are you kidding me?Go figure my bandwidth has been...
  8. Windows Update Cancelled Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to cancel an update

How to cancel an update: I am plagued again by MS doing these automatic updates how can i set my laptop to do them manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-an-update/4231fc5e-8b4b-461a-a90b-e59a389efdfa
  10. How to cancel an update when it's downloading or instaling

How to cancel an update when it's downloading or instaling: I update my computer from Windows 10 1803 to 1903. But I think again and I decide to update after I install a SSD in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-an-update-when-its-downloading-or/9da548ee-40c4-4a8a-ab2e-44c398f9a7d0