Windows 10: How to Cancel Chkdsk at Boot for all drives Windows 10

Discus and support How to Cancel Chkdsk at Boot for all drives Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks, you know the drill, you hard boot a handful of times to sort something out and BAM windows goes UH OH TIME TO RUN CHKDSK. Is there any way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JRT10, May 17, 2020.

1. JRT10 Win User

How to Cancel Chkdsk at Boot for all drives Windows 10

Hi folks, you know the drill, you hard boot a handful of times to sort something out and BAM windows goes UH OH TIME TO RUN CHKDSK.
    Is there any way of stopping it from doing this on all drives?

Windows 10 Pro, 6 hard drives. So the registry fix for one drive won't work here, it will just do so for the other 5 drives.

Which brings up another question for me, why does it do this forever anyway? If I boot this computer successfully another 10 times, shouldn't windows realize something else was going on? Why does it need to insist on this forever?

:)

JRT10, May 17, 2020
  2. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, May 17, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, May 17, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Cancel Chkdsk at Boot for all drives Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cancel Chkdsk Boot

2. Is it safe to cancel chkdsk at stage 5 42%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to cancel chkdsk at stage 5 42%?: Is it safe to cancel at this stage? Fixing c: 37% 85 million of 225 million; Total: 42%; ETA 1:35:24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-cancel-chkdsk-at-stage-5-42/e3e15cdd-058d-4e71-a65f-8e7fdeed5cd7
  3. Is it safe to cancel chkdsk at stage 5 42%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to cancel chkdsk at stage 5 42%?: Is it safe to cancel at this stage? Fixing c: 37% 85 million of 225 million; Total: 42%; ETA 1:35:24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-cancel-chkdsk-at-stage-5-42/e3e15cdd-058d-4e71-a65f-8e7fdeed5cd7
  4. chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup: I am trying to image my boot hard drive in order to migrate the data to an ssd. The backup software (Macrium Reflect) first checks the file system, but reports an "MFT corrupt error", and indicates to run chkdsk c: /r to fix the issue. I opened power shell and attempted to...
  5. Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive: Pc randomly restarted by itself a few nights ago and ever since chkdsk runs on every boot for my ssd drive. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about or if chkdsk is now scheduled automatically to run every time? Because there are no issues and pc seems to be...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot + chkdsk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot + chkdsk error: Good morning, I have one large issue. I have been doing some work in chrome and my laptop lenovo ideapad 330 has frozen, so I turned it off and back on again never had issues with that. After lenovo logo has popped up, windows was refusing to boot. So I tried built in...
  7. Chkdsk not scanning Boot drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk not scanning Boot drive: Every time I restart my computer in order to run chkdsk, to scan and repair my boot drive, it will say "Scanning and repairing...". There will never be a percent to indicate progress, it will just continue rebooting after about 5 seconds. If the recommended path is wipe my...
  8. How to stop chkdsk on an external drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop chkdsk on an external drive?: Up front: I was wrong to start a chkdsk on an large external drive. Reason was/is, I could not delete an empty folder and some site recommended run chkdsk. Assuming it would be over and done with, within -say- an hour or so I started it. Much to my regret. It is says it'll...
  9. Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel: Recently updated from 1803 to 1809 and it worked when I woke up. After restart it was stuck at loading dots. When I went to safe mode it said couldn't complete changes undoing but my windows version was still 1809 and my PC worked fine when I disabled driver siganture...
  10. Cancel a Scheduled Chkdsk at Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cancel a Scheduled Chkdsk at Boot in Windows 10: How to: Cancel a Scheduled Chkdsk at Boot in Windows 10 How to Cancel a Scheduled Chkdsk at Boot in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad...