Windows 10: How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

Discus and support How to cancel/clear Pending Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how to do this in windows 10? pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch. where is the folder? 17879 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cognus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

how to do this in windows 10?
    pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch.
    where is the folder?

:)

cognus, Aug 19, 2015
  2. VikasMali Win User

How to clear pending updates from phone memory.

I am trying to install win 10 update on my lumia 640xl mobile but there is pending updates of 675 MB in my temporary files an due to which my phone memory is full and i am not able to download/install new updates.How can i delete those temporary updates/builds?

VikasMali, Aug 19, 2015
  3. How to clear pending updates from phone memory.

Good day, Vikas.

We appreciate your interest to Windows 10 Mobile. To clear out the pending updates in your temporary files, you may need to either finish the pending updates or reset your phone. You can also check this
    article for some tips on how to manage your phone storage.

Update us with the result.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 19, 2015
  4. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

TairikuOkami, Aug 20, 2015
  5. cognus Win User
    Superb. Thank you so much TO
    Did exactly what I, and a million other people, need.
    I left MS some feedback on that page to make this tool more widely known as it would have, and will, save them a lot of early life negative feedback on Windows 10. way too many destructive drivers out there

cognus, Aug 20, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    alas... does not work.
    The tool gives me the right info - in this case a flawed audio/sound driver for Conexant device on a Yoga 2, I block it, get the affirmation from the tool. Still tries to install, and it will, because that item uninstalled will block other updates.
    so Win10 installs, I uninstall, I install working "HID", reboot, wash-rinse-repeat groundhog day

cognus, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Well MS made sure to make it as complicated as possible to block updates, but it works for me.
    I block driver updates, set WU to notify, uninstall and delete the bad driver, then install mine.
    Then use the tool to block the bad driver, wait till WU will check for updates, it should be gone.

TairikuOkami, Aug 20, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

I have shut off the Windows Update service. There is a Windows Hotfix Download tool posted here that you can use to download only what updates you feel safe installng. There is also a CAB file installer that can be used to install any updates that are in cab format.

XweAponX, Aug 21, 2015
  9. cognus Win User
    the big update sent us back to stoopid

HOW DO I BLOCK explosive radioactive device driver installs?

cognus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates? - Similar Threads - cancel clear Pending

2. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  3. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  4. How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery: I accidentally download Window 11 in background, so right now it stuck at pending restart state. I don't want to install Window 11, and I'm not sure if I remove the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution will corrupted anything else. I don't want to update to Window 11 then...
  5. How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery: I accidentally download Window 11 in background, so right now it stuck at pending restart state. I don't want to install Window 11, and I'm not sure if I remove the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution will corrupted anything else. I don't want to update to Window 11 then...
  6. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  7. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  8. Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancel Pending Optional Updates?: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I went into Optional Updates to update my adapter, and while I was in there I saw a bunch of other updates were available, so I decided to just tick them all too while I was at it. Like an idiot I only Googled them after the fact, and...
  9. How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart: I believe some people have asked similar questions. But in my situation, I don't want to install the update [feature update to Win10 1909] due to some reasons. The fact is that Windows has automatically downloaded the update [1909] in my computer and asked me to restart in...
  10. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...