Windows 10: How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

Discus and support How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally download Window 11 in background, so right now it stuck at pending restart state. I don't want to install Window 11, and I'm not sure if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chccbo, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Chccbo Win User

How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

I accidentally download Window 11 in background, so right now it stuck at pending restart state. I don't want to install Window 11, and I'm not sure if I remove the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution will corrupted anything else. I don't want to update to Window 11 then recovery later since I'm not sure if my personal files will lost because I don't have drive D and no backup space left.

:)

Chccbo, Nov 29, 2022

2. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

I had this issue as well. After reverting back to Windows 10, the following seems to have resolved it for me, and cancelled the pending Windows 11 upgrade.

1. Add the following registry key using CMD/PowerShell as Administrator
      1. REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v ProductVersion /t REG_SZ /d "Windows 10"
      2. This key instructs Windows to only receive Feature Updates for the Windows 10 product
    2. Click 'Pause updates' in Settings > Windows Update
    3. Restart the Windows Update service (wuauserv)
    4. Click to resume updates in Settings > Windows Update
    5. Check for updates to verify that it does not attempt the upgrade again
    Hope this helps and resolves your issue!

BrandonLinhart, Nov 29, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 29, 2022
  4. How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

How to cancel a pending update

Thanks - it did resolve the RETRY issue then it immediately install (it was intel driver) the driver. Said i successfully installed. I guess I'll see what happens.

storageman, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

1. How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery - Similar Threads - cancel Window pending

2. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  3. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  4. How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery

How to cancel Window 11 pending restart update without using recovery: I accidentally download Window 11 in background, so right now it stuck at pending restart state. I don't want to install Window 11, and I'm not sure if I remove the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution will corrupted anything else. I don't want to update to Window 11 then...
  5. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  6. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  7. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart: I believe some people have asked similar questions. But in my situation, I don't want to install the update [feature update to Win10 1909] due to some reasons. The fact is that Windows has automatically downloaded the update [1909] in my computer and asked me to restart in...
  9. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...
  10. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?: how to do this in windows 10? pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch. where is the folder? 17879